Main Title: Part 3: Joseph Prince into the Occult & Witchcraft; he accuses Jesus, Paul, every Church Father & every True Church to be lukewarm with no saving Faith

 

Sub Title: Part 3: Joseph Prince into the Occult & Witchcraft – he turns Rev 3:15-16 into a joke and makes Jesus a liar

 

– By Rev George Ong (Dated 15 March 2024)

 

Featured YouTube video.

 

@joyceliew4352:

 

“Those who have been long enough

 

in New Creation Church

 

would remember Joseph Prince said

 

that he would go away for a few days by himself

 

to spend time with the Lord.

 

I used to think how much he loved God

 

as he would go away and wait upon the Lord.

 

Now, with all his false teachings,

 

I wonder who was Joseph Prince waiting on

 

throughout his time alone with his so-called his god or jesus?”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

It has got to be the devil

 

that Joseph Prince is waiting on and communicating with.

 

Joseph Prince claimed what he had heard in 1997

 

is the voice of the Lord,

 

telling him he is not supposed to preach

 

law together with grace.

 

It cannot be God’s voice

 

but the devil’s voice,

 

as God will never tell you to teach against His word

 

(but the devil would),

 

the Lord Jesus and the Apostle Paul,

 

who both taught that we must obey the law

 

– and all these are covered in this Article (Part 3).

 

Announcements:

 

Note there are 3 videos on George Ong

 

& 1 video on Joseph Prince.

 

Excerpt No 1 from the Article:

 

Joseph Prince interpreted

 

that hot or cold and lukewarm in Revelation 3:15-16,

 

has to do with law and grace.

 

This is a joke!

 

I am absolutely certain that no true evangelical scholar

 

and commentator or Bible teacher

 

in the whole of Christendom

 

throughout the last 2,000 years of Church history

 

has ever interpreted it that way.

 

Excerpt No 2 from the Article:

 

George Ong said:

 

“Though we are not initially saved by works,

 

we will finally be judged by them.”

 

George Ong said:

 

“Deeds will determine

 

not just what we will get

 

but where we will go.”

 

(Eccl 12:13-14; 2 Cor 5:10; Matt 7:21; Matt 16:27; Jn 5:28-29; Rom 2:5-10; 1 Cor 4:5; Tit 1:6; Rev 2:23; Rev 2:26; 14:13; 22:12)

 

Excerpt No 3 from the Article:

 

My Parting Shot to Joseph Prince:

 

“Hey Joe,

 

Don’t play play.

 

How can you accuse every Church Father,

 

Martin Luther, John Calvin, John Wesley,

 

and Jesus and Paul some more,

 

for being lukewarm,

 

and that they are not saved, some more.

 

How can God speak to you in 1997

 

that He asked you to preach against the law

 

that both Jesus and Paul

 

and every Church Father

 

are for it?

 

Make sense or not?

 

It is the devil who talked to you in 1997

 

as Satan wants you to preach against God’s word

 

His Son, Jesus, and his servant, Paul,

 

and every of His children in the Church Fathers.

 

Hey Joe, if you still don’t want to turn back

 

because of your pride to admit you are wrong,

 

there’s no more hope for you.”

 

(This article was also sent to Rev Dr Ngoei Foong Nghian, General Secretary, National Council of Churches of Singapore (NCCS) office, and for the attention of the Executive Committee Members.)

 

This is the third part of a series of articles

 

to show that Joseph Prince, as a heretic,

 

is also into the occult and witchcraft.

 

Please click here

 

to view the entire video:

 

In a Sunday sermon, Joseph Prince said;

 

Please click here

 

to view the 50-second video:

 

“I remember when I was a teenager

 

and I was involved in the occult.

 

You know, New Age stuff and all that,

 

not knowing that many of them

 

they used Bible verses,

 

you know, that’s how they get you.

 

So, I thought that these things are okay.

 

After all it’s based on the Bible and all that

 

and I got sucked in.

 

I remember attending a Bible study in a church.

 

And I remember that the minister was actually sharing from

 

“Remember your first love how you fell.

 

Remember from where you fell.

 

Your first love.” (Rev 2:4)

 

And then all of a sudden, the lord spoke to me.

 

I felt like on the inside

 

that what I have been reading

 

and all that isn’t right.

 

Don’t mess around with Ouija Board.

 

That is one of the things I was involved in

 

and when you try to get out,

 

it’s like gangsters you know.

 

Easy to go on in

 

but once you get out,

 

they will fight you.

 

And those powers of darkness

 

will fight me day and night

 

and I had all kinds of terrible nightmares and all that.”

 

In Part 1 (Previous Article),

 

I unveiled the fact that Joseph Prince,

 

under the influence of the occult,

 

claimed that he heard the Lord speaking to him

 

about Revelation 2:4.

 

But it was the devil who spoke to him

 

regarding Revelation 2:4,

 

which he later used to preach against Jesus

 

by twisting His words

 

from

 

“You have left your first love,” 

 

to

 

“You have forgotten that God loves you.”

 

Who would want to preach against Jesus

 

and twist His words,

 

except for the devil and his vessel, Joseph Prince?

 

But this was not the only time

 

that Joseph Prince was used by the devil

 

to preach against Jesus.

 

In Part 2 (Previous Article),

 

I unfolded the fact that

 

Joseph Prince preached against Jesus for the second time

 

and for many times in this same episode.

 

regarding Revelation chapters 2-3.

 

In ‘Grace Revolution’, Joseph Prince wrote,

 

“So what is the Lord saying?

 

First you need to understand that

 

these two verses (Rev 2:5, Rev 2:14)

 

were written to pastors,

 

so they are applicable only to pastors.

 

If you are not pastoring a flock,

 

these verses are not for you.”

 

Joseph Prince concocted the lie that Revelation chapters 2-3

 

were not written to members but only to Pastors. 

 

But what is worse is that he put the lie into Jesus’ mouth

 

when he said:

 

“So what is the Lord saying…”

 

Who would do that

 

except for Satan and his vessel, Joseph Prince?

 

In Part 3, this article,

 

Joseph Prince again preached against Jesus for the third time.

 

He made Jesus a liar by again putting words into His mouth,

 

that Jesus was saying the following (highlighted in red below):

 

“The two verses (Rev 3:15-16) would only make sense

 

when they are interpreted in the light

 

of the mixture of the covenants of law and grace

 

in the Church of Laodicea.

 

The Lord was saying that He would the church

 

be cold – entirely under law,

 

or hot – entirely under grace.”

 

Joseph Prince claimed

 

that Jesus said that He was teaching the church

 

about law and grace in Revelation 3:15-16,

 

when there is absolutely no evidence

 

for such an interpretation.

 

Who would do that except for the devil

 

and Joseph Prince whom he empowers with the occultic?

 

Undoubtedly, Satan had empowered Joseph Prince

 

with occultic powers

 

to blind his supporters to continue to support him,

 

even though the one Prince is attacking is Christ Jesus. 

 

For those who have missed the following 3 articles,

 

you are strongly advised to read them:

 

Joseph Prince into spiritual witchcraft as he himself has unwittingly revealed – By Rev George Ong (Dated 7 March 2024)

 

Joseph Prince involved in the Occult & Witchcraft Part 1

 

Joseph Prince into the Occult & Witchcraft Part 2 – he went against Jesus’ teachings blatantly in Revelation Chapters 2 & 3 – By Rev George Ong (Dated 13 March 2024)

 

Please click on the 3 links below:

 

https://www.revgeorgeong.com/rev-george-ong-joseph-prince-into-spiritual-witchcraft-as-he-himself-has-unwittingly-revealed/

 

https://www.revgeorgeong.com/rev-george-ong-joseph-prince-involved-in-the-occult-witchcraft-part-1-another-article/

 

https://www.revgeorgeong.com/rev-george-ong-joseph-prince-into-the-occult-witchcraft-part-2-he-went-against-jesus-teachings-blatantly-in-revelation-chapters-2-3/

 

Think with me,

 

how can someone like Joseph Prince

 

who claims to be preaching Christ,

 

be preaching against His teachings,

 

and making Christ a liar by putting words into His mouth?

 

Who would preach against Christ consistently?

 

Only the devil and those such as Joseph Prince,

 

who are under his control would.

 

Though Joseph Prince has consistently preached against Christ,

 

ask yourself

 

why is he still able to continue to gather and maintain support

 

from the millions around the world?

 

Friends, it takes nothing less than occultic powers

 

that the devil has granted to Joseph Prince

 

to pull this off.

 

Now, for the details of Part 3, this Article.

 

In ‘Destined To Reign’,

 

Joseph Prince wrote:

 

“I can’t understand why many believers

 

are still trying to balance law and grace.

 

If you are for the law, be for the law completely.

 

If you are for grace, then be for grace completely.

 

It is impossible to balance the two of them!

 

That is why Jesus also said:

 

Revelation 3:15-16 KJV

15 “I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.”

 

For years, I have heard preachers preaching

 

that in Revelation 3:15-16,

 

Jesus was referring to people

 

who are not “red-hot for Jesus”.

 

Have you heard that expression before?

 

And what does being “red-hot for Jesus” mean?

 

Traditionally, we have been taught that it means

 

that you are reading 10 chapters of the Bible a day,

 

witnessing to your colleagues

 

and attending every prayer meeting you can find!

 

To be cold means just the opposite

 

– you stop doing these things entirely.

 

The verse has always been preached as though

 

it were about our actions and behavior.

 

But Jesus said that He would rather we be cold or hot,

 

and not lukewarm.

 

This wouldn’t make sense

 

if He was referring to actions and behavior,

 

because wouldn’t being lukewarm for Jesus

 

still be better than being completely cold?

 

So why would He want the church of Laodicea to be cold

 

(if they weren’t hot)?

 

Come on!

 

I always tell my church this:

 

When you come on Sunday,

 

don’t forget to bring your brains along!

 

Don’t just take in everything you hear.

 

You have to test the message

 

and make sure that it is consistent

 

with the gospel of Jesus.

 

The gospel simply means “good news”.

 

So if what you are hearing is not good news,

 

but instead deposits fear, doubt, judgment

 

and condemnation in your heart,

 

throw it out, my friend,

 

because it’s not the gospel of Jesus.

 

Be Hot Or Cold, Not Lukewarm

 

Now, would you like to know

 

what Revelation 3:15-16 really means?

 

The two verses would only make sense

 

when they are interpreted in the light

 

of the mixture of the covenants of law and grace

 

in the church of Laodicea.

 

The Lord was saying that He would the church

 

be cold – entirely under law,

 

or hot – entirely under grace.

 

You see, if you were at least completely under law,

 

it would lead you to despair

 

and into the saving arms of Jesus.

 

The law would unveil to you your sinfulness and inability

 

to keep the full measure of it,

 

and this would cause you to see your need for His grace.

 

But when you have mixture,

 

where you believe in grace,

 

but still hold on to the law,

 

you neutralize the convicting power of the law

 

to bring you to the end of yourself

 

so that you will cry out for the grace of the Savior.

 

That is why you cannot be cold and hot at the same time,

 

or be for both law and grace at the same time.

 

The moment you attempt to balance grace with the law,

 

you neutralize both and each covenant

 

is robbed of its full effect in your life.

 

You become lukewarm because of the mixture,

 

and God hates mixture

 

because it robs you of the power to reign in life

 

through the abundance of His grace!

 

You cannot put new wine into old wineskins.

 

You will lose both!”

 

In a teaching session, George Ong said;

 

Please click here

 

to view the 5-minute video:

 

“This is another joke. This is another joke.

 

How he (Joseph Prince) twisted this verse.

 

Joseph Prince is making the Lord Jesus a liar

 

– alleging that Jesus was teaching

 

the issue of law versus grace in Revelation 3:15-16

 

when there isn’t an iota of evidence in the passage.

 

It was never the focus of Jesus or even hinted at in the passage. 

 

This one is another twisting.

 

I don’t think probably you have not heard about it.

 

This verse:

 

Revelation 3:15-16 ESV

15 “‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! 16 So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.

 

Do you know how he (Joseph Prince) interpret this cold?

 

I think you probably have not come across this.

 

Cold to him (Joseph Prince),

 

he interpret as you are all for the law.

 

You are against grace.

 

That’s being cold.

 

Have you heard? Have you heard or not? No.

 

Hot, what is hot?

 

Means you are for grace; you are against law.

 

What is lukewarm?

 

Lukewarm are people like us.

 

We are both for law and grace.

 

We are lukewarm.

 

That’s why I said when you hear such things,

 

just ridiculous!

 

Put everything inside.

 

Because it’s law and grace, he reads into it.

 

He reads law and grace into it.

 

Just impossible.

 

How is that people still do not know he’s a false teacher?

 

Impossible!

 

I can even dare to “bet” with any people.

 

I think no true evangelical scholar or Bible commentator

 

will ever come to this kind of interpretation

 

because there’s nothing about law and grace

 

in that passage, nor in (Revelation) chapters 2 to 3.

 

You see that. You give up, right?

 

You sigh and you shake your heads,

 

how come people can take it?

 

You ask (Rev) David Liew,

 

where got evangelical scholars interpret like this?

 

He just throw in.

 

Where got cold referring to law and grace,

 

law, grace, grace, law.

 

There is nowhere; he just read his ideas.

 

Please understand evangelical scholars will laugh.

 

Any Bible (scholar) will never interpret like that.

 

He just throw it in, to prove his theology.    

 

As I said in 2,000 (years) of church history,

 

I don’t find any evangelical scholar

 

ever interpret in this way.

 

Let me surface what ought to be the interpretation of the text.

 

A bit of history and geography will help in understanding the text.

 

Besides Laodicea, there were two other nearby cities:

 

Colossae and Hierapolis.

 

Colossae was located at the foot of Mount Honaz

 

where its cold mountain water poured down

 

to supply the city of Laodicea with fresh water.

 

Hierapolis was situated on hot springs

 

that emitted mineral-rich waters,

 

attracting visitors to its therapeutic baths.

 

So, Hierapolis had hot water,

 

which had therapeutic value.

 

Jesus says it’s good.

 

And Colossae had cold water which refreshes

 

as a cold drink, 

 

which Jesus says it’s okay.

 

But by the time the waters from Colossae

 

comes down to Laodicea,

 

it becomes lukewarm.

 

And because it’s lukewarm,

 

when you tried to take the lukewarm waters,

 

you could vomit it out.

 

So, Jesus is using this example

 

to say the church of Laodicea have become so lukewarm

 

that He cannot take it,

 

He had to vomit them out of His mouth.

 

So, this is the right interpretation.

 

Joseph Prince wrote:

 

“The verse has always been preached

 

as though it were about our actions and behavior.

 

But Jesus said that He would rather

 

we be cold or hot, and not lukewarm.

 

This wouldn’t make sense

 

if He was referring to actions and behavior,

 

because wouldn’t being lukewarm for Jesus

 

still be better than being completely cold?

 

So, he (Joseph Prince) was saying

 

that the verse has nothing to do

 

with actions, behaviour, or works.

 

Nothing to do.

 

He’s going against the context

 

because it’s all about works.

 

I know your works.

 

You are neither hot nor cold.

 

You see, he (Joseph Prince) can go against the text like this.

 

No, nothing about actions or deeds.

 

I mean some ESV translates it as works,

 

others translate it as deeds, so, it’s the same.

 

It’s not only in this church, four other churches,

 

it’s about works.

 

Church in Ephesus, I know your works.

 

Church in Thyatira, I know your works.

 

Church in Sardis, I know your works.

 

Church in Philadelphia, I know your works.

 

Preaching against the context itself blatantly.   

 

Because you know why?

 

He’s always interested in right believing.

 

Always say, right believing, right believing.

 

But did Jesus say right believing?

 

I know you believe rightly?

 

I know your works.

 

Jesus is interested in our works, sanctification.” 

 

1. Joseph Prince accuses Paul and Jesus of being Lukewarm and possesses no saving grace.

 

Joseph Prince said:

 

“That is why you cannot be cold and hot at the same time,

 

or be for both law and grace at the same time.

 

The moment you attempt to balance grace with the law,

 

… You become lukewarm because of the mixture,

 

and God hates mixture

 

… You will lose both!”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Joseph Prince said

 

those who want to have law and grace at the same time,

 

would become lukewarm

 

and in the end, besides losing law,

 

they would also lose grace;

 

in other words, they are not saved,

 

when he said:

 

“… You will lose both!”

 

This means that Joseph Prince is saying

 

that both Paul and Jesus,

 

who taught that believers must obey the law,

 

are not saved in the first place.

 

This is a monstrous accusation

 

that could only originate from the pit of hell!

 

It could only come from someone like Joseph Prince,

 

who is empowered by Satan

 

with occultic powers

 

to be so daring as to utter such heinous blasphemy!

 

It is so easy to prove

 

that Paul isn’t just not against the law,

 

but he also strongly stressed 

 

that obeying God’s law or commandments

 

must be a believer’s top priority.

 

In a teaching session, George Ong said;

 

Please click here

 

to view the 1-minute video:

 

“It is not important if a man is circumcised or not,

 

the important thing is obeying God’s commands.” (1 Cor 7:19b NCV)

 

And then, this is a clear text.

 

I don’t know how Joseph Prince can miss it.

 

The important thing is obeying God’s commands.

 

This is the moral law.

 

How he (Joseph Prince) can miss that?

 

This is another version, ISV.

 

“Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing,

 

but obeying commandments is everything.” (1 Cor 7:19 ISV)

 

You have to remember this text.

 

This is a clear text

 

that speaks against his (Joseph Prince’s) teaching.

 

“It is not important if a man is circumcised or not.

 

The important thing is obeying God’s commands.” (1 Cor 7:19b NCV)

 

Obeying God’s command, Paul said that.

 

How did Joseph Prince got the idea

 

that obeying God’s command is No Pakay (not relevant)

 

for New Covenant people

 

when his so-called mentor,

 

the person (Paul) he (Joseph Prince) claim to learn from;

 

he said the important thing (is obeying God’s commands).

 

Another translation, ISV, same verse.

 

“Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing,

 

but obeying God’s commandments is everything.” (1 Cor 7:19b ISV)

 

Said by Paul.

 

How can Joseph Prince be blinded to this text?”

 

Seriously speaking, just one text, 1 Corinthians 7:19, alone,

 

is enough to expose Joseph Prince’s grace without law heresy,

 

and hanged him as a false prophet. 

 

Let me show you 3 more translations on 1 Corinthians 7:19:

 

1 Corinthians 7:19 MEV

19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God is everything.

 

1 Corinthians 7:19 NRSVA

19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing; but obeying the commandments of God is everything.

 

1 Corinthians 7:19 NLT

19 For it makes no difference whether or not a man has been circumcised. The important thing is to keep God’s commandments.

 

So, Paul did not do away with God’s law or commandments

 

as Joseph Prince has done,

 

but, on the contrary,

 

he stressed the vital importance of obeying it,

 

as it is everything.

 

As with Paul,

 

Jesus treats the obedience to the law very seriously.

 

This is because He teaches that we must obey the law

 

better than the Pharisees in Matthew 5:20,

 

or we won’t enter God’s kingdom.

 

In a teaching session, George Ong said;

 

Please click here

 

to view the 30-second video:

 

“Here it (Jesus) says,

 

“You must obey God’s commands and laws

 

better than the Pharisees,”

 

because they were lawbreakers.

 

“If you don’t, I promised you,

 

you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.”

 

And yet, Joseph Prince can say

 

there’s no law to obey.

 

So, he’s leading people to hell, right.

 

Because people say no law,

 

they don’t obey the law.

 

Here it says you must obey the law

 

better than Pharisees

 

or else you cannot enter God’s kingdom.

 

Is it serious?

 

That’s why he’s leading people to hell.

 

There are plenty of his teaching that leads people to hell.”

 

Now, it becomes absolutely clear

 

that Jesus and Paul didn’t teach as Joseph Prince does

 

that the law has become obsolete;

 

but, on the contrary,

 

they teach that obeying God’s law

 

is of prime importance.

 

Yet, Joseph Prince can accuse Jesus and Paul

 

for being lukewarm and not possessing true saving faith,

 

when he said,

 

“The moment you attempt to balance grace with the law,

 

… You become lukewarm because of the mixture,

 

and God hates mixture

 

… You will lose both!”

 

Only a heretic, Joseph Prince,

 

who practices witchcraft and possesses occultic powers

 

would be so emboldened to utter such blasphemies

 

against Paul, the premier apostle

 

and the Lord Jesus, who is God Himself!

 

2. Joseph Prince accuses all the Church Fathers, including Martin Luther, John Calvin, John Wesley for being lukewarm and not possessing true saving faith.

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

In the same way as Joseph Prince

 

has accused Jesus and Paul

 

for being lukewarm and not having true saving faith,

 

he is doing that to all Church Fathers, such as

 

Martin Luther, John Calvin, John Wesley,

 

because all of them believe that Christians

 

ought to obey God’s laws.

 

In ‘Sermons of Martin Luther, Vol. 4,

 

Martin Luther said:

 

“Hence those foolish souls (Antinomians)

 

are entirely wrong,

 

who allege that the Law is not to be preached

 

under the New Testament dispensation…

 

… But besides, we must bear in mind

 

that the doctrine of the Law

 

is not to be entirely done away with,

 

even in the case of those who are Christians,

 

… In the next place,

 

when we have received such grace and salvation,

 

have been baptized into Christ and believe,

 

his will is that we should afterwards live accordingly,

 

obey God and do what is commanded of us

 

in the Ten Commandments…”

 

In ‘Selected Works of John Calvin Vol. 3 Tracts Part 3,’

 

John Calvin wrote:

 

“Whosoever shall say that the commandments of God 

 

are impossible of observance even to a justified man, 

 

and to one constituted under grace,

 

let him be anathema (cursed).

 

Whosoever shall say 

 

… that the ten commandments do not apply to Christians,

 

let him be anathema (cursed).”

 

In ‘the Sermon on the Mount, Discourse 6, Sermons on Several Occasions (1810), pp. 75-76,’

 

John Wesley wrote:

 

“‘Think not that I am come to destroy the Law, or the Prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil’” [Matthew 5:17] …

 

… But the moral law, contained in the Ten Commandments,

 

and enforced by the prophets, 

 

He did not take away.

 

It was not the design of His coming

 

to revoke any part of this.

 

This is a law which never can be broken,

 

which stands fast as the faithful witness in heaven.” 

 

It is clear that Martin Luther, John Calvin and John Wesley

 

all believed in the obedience to God’s laws.

 

Hence, when Joseph Prince said:

 

“… You will lose both,”

 

he is saying that

 

those who want to have law and grace at the same time,

 

would become lukewarm

 

and finally, not just losing law,

 

they would also lose grace;

 

in other words, they are not saved.

 

This means that Joseph Prince is saying

 

that all the Church Fathers,

 

such as Martin Luther, John Calvin and John Wesley,

 

who taught the believers must obey the law,

 

are not saved to begin with.

 

That being the case,

 

whoever still chooses to go with Joseph Prince,

 

would have no excuse

 

when they stand before God in judgement.

 

3. Joseph Prince makes Jesus a Liar.

 

Joseph Prince wrote:

 

“The Lord was saying that He would the church

 

be cold – entirely under law,

 

or hot – entirely under grace.” 

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

I find Joseph Prince such a sickening fellow

 

who has the unholy dare

 

to put words into the Lord Jesus’ mouth,

 

making Him say things that He didn’t.

 

I will show in the ensuing discussion

 

that the issue of law versus grace

 

was never in the mind of Jesus or even hinted at

 

in the passage (Rev 3:14-22).

 

Joseph Prince is making the Lord Jesus a liar

 

– alleging that Jesus was teaching the issue of law versus grace

 

when there isn’t an iota of evidence in the passage. 

 

4. Joseph Prince’s out-of-context interpretation.

 

Joseph Prince wrote:

 

“Now, would you like to know

 

what Revelation 3:15-16 really means?

 

The two verses would only make sense

 

when they are interpreted

 

in the light of the mixture of the covenants of law and grace

 

in the church of Laodicea.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Joseph Prince’s view is that the lukewarmness of the Laodiceans

 

has to do with the mixture of law and grace. 

 

Joseph Prince’s view is completely way off

 

in the context of the passage.

 

He is full of hypocrisy

 

as he has again interpreted a passage out of context,

 

something that he frequently tells others not to do.

 

The balance or mixture of law and grace

 

was never the focus of Jesus,

 

both in the church of Laodicea

 

and the other six churches in Revelation.

 

To further expose his deception,

 

I checked whether Jesus ever used the two words,

 

‘law’ and ‘grace’ in Revelation chapters 2-3.

 

I found out that they were not used at all,

 

not only in the church of Laodicea

 

but also in all the six other churches in Revelation.

 

This shows that ‘law’ and ‘grace’

 

were not the subjects of discussion

 

or the focus of Jesus

 

in the church of Laodicea (Rev 3:14-22).

 

Joseph Prince has dishonestly and ‘forcibly’

 

imposed his own ideas of ‘law’ and ‘grace’ into the text (Rev 3:15-16)

 

in order to twist it to support his Pseudo-grace doctrine.

 

I am absolutely certain

 

that no true evangelical scholar

 

and commentator or Bible teacher

 

in the whole of Christendom

 

throughout the last 2,000 years of Church history

 

has ever interpreted it that way.

 

I challenge you to ask Joseph Prince,

 

which true evangelical Bible scholar or Bible teacher

 

would hold the same view as he does?

 

I’m quite sure he would not be able to name you even one.

 

If Joseph Prince throws up the name of an Antinomian ‘scholar’

 

who subscribes to the same view as he does,

 

you are to throw it out as all Antinomians,

 

just like him, are false teachers. 

 

5. Joseph Prince had gone out-of-context the second time when he said our actions & behaviours are not what Jesus referred to in Revelation 3:15-16.

 

Joseph Prince wrote:

 

“Traditionally, we have been taught that (to be hot)

 

it means that you are reading 10 chapters of the Bible a day,

 

witnessing to your colleagues

 

and attending every prayer meeting you can find!

 

To be cold means just the opposite

 

– you stop doing these things entirely.

 

The verse has always been preached

 

as though it were about our actions and behavior.

 

But Jesus said that He would rather we be cold or hot,

 

and not lukewarm.

 

This wouldn’t make sense

 

if He was referring to actions and behavior,

 

because wouldn’t being lukewarm for Jesus still be better

 

than being completely cold?”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Again, Joseph Prince has gone out of context.

 

By what Joseph Prince wrote,

 

he blatantly denies the issue of works or actions or behaviour,

 

which is the very context of Revelation 3:15-16.

 

Revelation 3:14-16 ESV

14 “And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: ‘The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God’s creation. 15 “‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! 16 So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.

 

Joseph Prince is contradicting Jesus

 

as it was Jesus Himself who said in Revelation 3:15

 

that it was the works or actions or behaviour

 

that was the issue in the lukewarmness of the Laodiceans.  

 

There Joseph Prince goes again

 

– contradicting Jesus so blatantly

 

and without batting an eyelid.

 

The fact that Joseph Prince

 

contradicted and preached against Jesus so many times

 

only proves that he comes from the camp of Satan

 

to disrupt the teachings of Jesus.

 

Works or behaviour or actions were the issue

 

not only in the case of the church of Laodicea

 

but also in most of the seven churches of Revelation.

 

In Revelation chapters 2-3,

 

regarding Jesus’ letters to the seven churches,

 

take note that He uses the word ‘works’ (or deeds) 12 times.

 

To five of the seven churches,

 

He says,

 

“I know your works” (Rev 2:2,19; 3:1,8,15):

 

Revelation 2:1-2 ESV

1 “To the angel of the church in Ephesus write: ‘The words of him who holds the seven stars in his right hand, who walks among the seven golden lampstands.

2 “‘I know your works…”

 

Revelation 2:18-19 ESV 

18 “And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write: ‘The words of the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and whose feet are like burnished bronze.

19 “‘I know your works…”

 

Revelation 3:1 ESV

1 “And to the angel of the church in Sardis write: ‘The words of him who has the seven spirits of God and the seven stars.

“‘I know your works….”

 

Revelation 3:7-8 ESV

7 “And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: ‘The words of the holy one, the true one, who has the key of David, who opens and no one will shut, who shuts and no one opens.

8 “‘I know your works…”

 

Revelation 3:14-15 ESV

14 “And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: ‘The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God’s creation.

15 “‘I know your works…”

 

If Jesus took the trouble to say the same phrase,

 

‘I know your works’

 

as the very first words

 

to five of the seven churches in Revelation,

 

you bet it must be a top concern to Him (Rev 2:2,19; 3:1,8,15 ESV).

 

Jesus says,

 

“I know your works…”

 

What Jesus is probably saying is,

 

“I am well aware of what you are doing.

 

I have been keeping track of your works or deeds.

 

I know the record of your behaviour.

 

I can see what you have accomplished

 

and also the bad deeds that you have committed.

 

I have looked over everything you have done

 

and those that you have failed to do.”

 

This plainly shows more than our belief,

 

Jesus takes a keen interest in what we do,

 

how we behave,

 

and the accomplishments of good

 

or the bad deeds of His people.

 

If Jesus is keeping a close track of our works,

 

it will be foolish if we don’t (Rev 2:2,19; 3:1,8,15).

 

Some have misguidedly believed

 

that our works do not matter

 

as much as the grace we have received.

 

The truth is they matter a lot

 

simply because they matter to the one

 

who will judge us – Christ Jesus!

 

When Jesus repeatedly said to his churches in Revelation,

 

“I know your works,”

 

He is dead serious about judging them (as He would to us)

 

based on what they did and what they didn’t do.

 

The scripture has clearly revealed

 

that God will ultimately judge our faith/beliefs

 

by looking at our works/behaviour:

 

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 NIV

13 “Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind. 14 For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil.”

 

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 KJV

13 “Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. 14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.”

 

If works or behaviour does not matter in our salvation

 

and the only thing that matters is faith or belief

 

as postured by Joseph Prince,

 

why is God judging us based on our works or behaviour

 

and not on our faith or beliefs:

 

(Matt 25:14-30; Matt 25:31-46; Rom 2:5-11; 1 Cor 3:11-15; Jas 2:14-26; Rev 2:23; Rev 2:26; Rev 20:11-13; Rev 22:12)?

 

George Ong said:

 

“Though we are not initially saved by works,

 

we will finally be judged by them.”

 

Scripture consistently teaches

 

that all divine judgement is based on works or deeds:

 

(Eccl 12:13-14; Psa 62:12; Prov 24:12; Matt 7:21; Matt 16:27; Matt 25:14-30; Matt 25:31-46; Jn 5:28-29; Rom 2:5-11; 1 Cor 3:11-15; Jas 2:14-26; Rev 2:23; Rev 2:26; Rev 14:13; Rev 20:11-13; Rev 22:12).

 

Didn’t Jesus say that wrong behaviour

 

would be that which could cost people

 

their eternal inheritance (Rev 22:14-15)?

 

Didn’t Jesus say that it was the wrong behaviour

 

– that those who don’t do good deeds to fellow believers

 

will be banished to eternal punishment (Matt 25:31-46)?

 

Didn’t Jesus say that it was the wrong behaviour

 

– that those who don’t do the will of God

 

will be barred from the Kingdom of God (Matt 7:21)?  

 

A top concern of Jesus

 

has become the least concern of believers,

 

all because people have been deceived by Joseph Prince

 

that works, while they are good to have,

 

do not matter in our salvation.

 

If behaviour is the criterion for our final judgement,

 

why is Joseph Prince deceiving the people

 

that right believing is the only thing that matters in salvation?

 

George Ong said:

 

“Deeds will determine

 

not just what we will get

 

but where we will go.”

 

(Eccl 12:13-14; 2 Cor 5:10; Matt 7:21; Matt 16:27; Jn 5:28-29; Rom 2:5-10; 1 Cor 4:5; Tit 1:6; Rev 2:23; Rev 2:26; 14:13; 22:12)

 

In summary, in Part 3 (Current Article):

 

First, Joseph Prince contradicted and preached against Jesus

 

when he said that Revelation 3:15-16

 

is about the issue of law and grace,

 

when there isn’t a shred of evidence

 

to support such an assertion.

 

Joseph Prince committed a grave sin

 

when he said it was Jesus who Himself said it:

 

“The Lord was saying that He would the church

 

be cold – entirely under law,

 

or hot – entirely under grace.”

 

This is tantamount to making Jesus a liar.

 

Jesus could not have held to such a view

 

as Joseph Prince does

 

because it is clearly out of context. 

 

Furthermore, no Evangelical (true) Bible scholar, commentator and teacher

 

through the centuries of Christianity

 

have held and would hold to such a stand.

 

Second, Joseph Prince again contradicted Jesus

 

when he said that Revelation 3:15-16

 

is not about our actions or behaviour.

 

On the contrary,

 

the issue of works was mentioned by Jesus Himself

 

not only in the case of the Laodicean church,

 

but in 4 other churches in Revelation chapters 2 and 3. 

 

So, in Part 1, Part 2 and now Part 3 – 3 Articles,

 

I have proven that Joseph Prince

 

has consistently opposed the teachings of Jesus.

 

This is not all.

 

In my future articles,

 

I will unfold more of such contradictions

 

by Joseph Prince against Jesus.

 

Despite this,

 

why is Joseph Prince still able to garner loyalty and allegiance

 

from millions of supporters.

 

There could be other reasons,

 

but I have no doubt in my mind

 

that one key reason

 

is the occultic powers and the powers of witchcraft

 

that the devil has empowered him

 

to blind and control his audience

 

to continue to support and stay loyal to him.

 

My Parting Shot to Joseph Prince:

 

“Hey Joe,

 

Don’t play play.

 

How can you accuse every Church Father,

 

Martin Luther, John Calvin, John Wesley,

 

and Jesus and Paul some more,

 

for being lukewarm,

 

and that they are not saved, some more.

 

How can God speak to you in 1997

 

that He asked you to preach against the law

 

that both Jesus and Paul

 

and every Church Father

 

are for it?

 

Make sense or not?

 

It is the devil who talked to you in 1997

 

as Satan wants you to preach against God’s word

 

His Son, Jesus, and his servant, Paul,

 

and every of His children in the Church Fathers.

 

Hey Joe, if you still don’t want to turn back

 

because of your pride to admit you are wrong,

 

there’s no more hope for you.”

 

Rev George Ong

×
×

Basket