Joseph Prince’s ‘God sees no sin on us’, is lying against Scriptures, God, Jesus & Paul – by Rev George Ong (Dated 29 Jan 2024)

 

Announcements:

 

Note there is one video on Michael Brown

 

and 3 videos on Joseph Prince.

 

You would be surprised how the articles

 

by Arthur Pink and Michael Brown

 

dealt with the heretical doctrine on sin by Joseph Prince

 

with pinpoint accuracy.

 

Comic Relief:

 

For those who enjoy humour,

 

there is a comic relief in this article.

 

But those who are not into this,

 

may I strongly advise you to skip this portion

 

for your own sanity.

 

  Excerpt from the Article:

 

Finally, if Joseph Prince had lied

 

against the scriptures, God, Jesus and Paul,

 

when he said God cannot see the sins in us or on us

 

which I have proven in this article,

 

how can he not be a son of the devil?

 

How can he not be empowered by Satan

 

to deceive the multitudes to the lake of fire?

 

(This article was also sent to Rev Dr Ngoei Foong Nghian, General Secretary, National Council of Churches of Singapore (NCCS) office, and for the attention of the Executive Committee Members.)

 

Please click here

 

to view the entire video.

 

In a Sunday sermon aired on YouTube

 

yesterday, on 28 Jan 2024, Joseph Prince said;

 

Please click here to view the 3-minute video:

 

“There was a wizard. I don’t know what they call him.

 

Okay, he’s a half-past-6 prophet; he’s not a real prophet.

 

But the Holy Spirit allowed him to say something,

 

one of the most beautiful prophecies over the nation of Israel.

 

He was hired by King Balak.

 

Alright, his name was Balaam to curse the children of Israel

 

Because he has a reputation, those he cursed are cursed.

 

So, he says curse these people.

 

He was about to curse them.

 

He says,

 

‘God has not beheld iniquity in Jacob.’

 

Then the king is saying.

 

Then he goes on,

 

‘Nor has God seen perverseness in Israel.’

 

Ha.

 

He go on to say,

 

‘He has not beheld iniquity.’

 

You say ‘What?’

 

These people has no iniquities.

 

Stop, he didn’t say that.

 

He didn’t say they have no iniquity, no sin.

 

He says,

 

‘God has beheld no iniquity.’

 

You see His holy eyes is because He is holy.

 

It is because He is righteous,

 

that His holiness and righteousness

 

saw Jesus carrying all our sins,

 

the sins of our entire life.

 

And that was when God judged and punished His Son

 

and poured out His wrath,

 

in condemnation on His Son

 

for every one of the sins that He carried, including all our sins.

 

That was when God saw your sins

 

but in the body of His Son on the cross,

 

so that today, God sees you without sin.

 

Now stop.

 

I know there’ll be a lot of criticism,

 

ORRRRR.

 

New faulter for you, ah.

 

It becomes faulter in their hands, actually.

 

But its truth, glorious truth.

 

Hear me out first.

 

I did not say there’s no sin in us.

 

I say His sight, there’s no sin on us.

 

When He looks on us, there’s no sin.

 

It can happen to Israel back then

 

through the blood of bulls and goats,

 

how much more you and I.

 

Imagine facing life every day,

 

knowing that,

 

you are the righteousness of God in Christ,

 

even when you fail and all that.

 

What’s the number 1 accusation?

 

Hey, ‘You didn’t say that properly.’

 

“Hey, you lost your temper here.’

 

‘Hey, you lost your temper there’.

 

Before you know it,

 

the whole day, you are just crushed

 

if you are conscious of your sins and failures.

 

But if you go on saying thank God, it reminds you,

 

‘I am the righteousness of God in Christ,’

 

it will lift you higher and higher and higher.

 

And just remember that righteousness is not of you,

 

it is in Christ. Amen. 

 

If you fail, what do you say,

 

‘I’m the righteousness of God in Christ,’

 

and continue.”

 

Joseph Prince said:

 

“He says,

 

‘God has not beheld iniquity in Jacob.’

 

Then the king is saying.

 

Then he goes on,

 

‘Nor has God seen perverseness in Israel.’

 

Ha.

 

He go on to say,

 

‘He has not beheld iniquity.’

 

You say, ‘What?’

 

These people has no iniquities.

 

Stop, he didn’t say that.

 

He didn’t say they have no iniquity, no sin.

 

He says,

 

‘God has beheld no iniquity.’”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

First of all, Joseph Prince is such a deceptive guy

 

that he uses only one translation,

 

the King James Version to prove his point:

 

Numbers 23:21 KJV

21 He hath not beheld iniquity in Jacob, neither hath he seen perverseness in Israel: the Lord his God is with him, and the shout of a king is among them.

 

Let me list for you how 28 other versions

 

translated Numbers 23:21.

 

Only 5 are shown here

 

while the rest of the 23 are found in the Appendix:

 

Numbers 23:21 ESV

21 He has not beheld misfortune in Jacob,
    nor has he seen trouble in Israel.
The Lord their God is with them,
    and the shout of a king is among them.

 

Numbers 23:21 NASB

21 He has not looked at misfortune in Jacob;
Nor has He seen trouble in Israel;
The Lord his God is with him,
And the joyful shout of a king is among them

 

Numbers 23:21 NIV

21 “No misfortune is seen in Jacob,
    no misery observed in Israel.
The Lord their God is with them;
    the shout of the King is among them.

 

Numbers 23:21 NLT

21 No misfortune is in his plan for Jacob;
    no trouble is in store for Israel.
For the Lord their God is with them;
    he has been proclaimed their king.

 

Numbers 23:21 RSV

21 He has not beheld misfortune in Jacob;
    nor has he seen trouble in Israel.
The Lord their God is with them,
    and the shout of a king is among them.

 

Can you now see that the way KJV translated it

 

is rather different from that which 28 other translations did it.

 

The word ‘iniquity or ‘sin’

 

is not even found in all 28 translations.

 

And most of these 28 versions

 

translated it to be about the same meaning.

 

What is the overall context of Numbers 23?

 

Let me quote the following:

 

In ‘Preaching the Word’ series, Numbers, God’s Presence in the Wilderness,

 

General Editor, R. Kent Hughes, Iain M. Duguid, wrote:

 

“Second, Balaam declared the Lord’s blessing upon Israel in the present.

 

The Lord protected them from natural disasters:

 

“He has not beheld misfortune in Jacob,

 

nor has he seen trouble in Israel” (23:21).

 

He guarded them from supernatural dangers:

 

“For there is no enchantment against Jacob,

 

no divination against Israel” (23:23).

 

What made them distinct from every other nation was the unique fact that God dwelt in their midst:

 

“The LORD their God is with them, and the shout of a king is among them” (23:21).

 

They alone out of all the nations of the earth had a special relationship with the Lord,

 

acclaiming him as their King and belonging to him as his people.”

 

The overall context is about God’s protection of His people

 

against supernatural dangers and divination,

 

especially from the false prophet Balaam.

 

Yet, Joseph Prince doesn’t even mention the overall context.

 

All he is interested is to go for that one verse in Numbers 23:21

 

to support his twisted grace theology,

 

Furthermore, it is unlikely to mean that which Joseph Prince has surfaced,

 

as all the 28 translations that I have featured tell a different story.

 

Even if Numbers 23:21 KJV means what it does,

 

Numbers 23:21 KJV

21 He hath not beheld iniquity in Jacob, neither hath he seen perverseness in Israel: the Lord his God is with him, and the shout of a king is among them.

 

Joseph Prince is only telling just one half of the story.

 

Again, his sickening half-truth deception is at play again.

 

Joseph Prince, can you please enlighten us

 

on the following 10 verses:

 

Leviticus 26:18 NIV

18 “‘If after all this you will not listen to me, I will punish you for your sins seven times over. 

 

Jeremiah 15:13 NIV

13 “Your wealth and your treasures I will give as plunder, without charge, because of all your sins throughout your country.

 

Jeremiah 30:14 NIV

14 All your allies have forgotten you; they care nothing for you. I have struck you as an enemy would and punished you as would the cruel, because your guilt is so great and your sins so many.

 

Jeremiah 28:18 NIV

18 By your many sins and dishonest trade  you have desecrated your sanctuaries. So I made a fire come out from you, and it consumed you, and I reduced you to ashes on the ground in the sight of all who were watching.

 

Ezekiel 21:24 NIV

24 “Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: ‘Because you people have brought to mind your guilt by your open rebellion, revealing your sins in all that you do – because you have done this, you will be taken captive.

 

Ezekiel 28:18 NIV

18 By your many sins and dishonest trade you have desecrated your sanctuaries. So I made a fire come out from you, and it consumed you, and I reduced you to ashes on the ground in the sight of all who were watching.

 

Daniel 9:11 NIV

11 All Israel has transgressed your law and turned away, refusing to obey you. “Therefore the curses and sworn judgments written in the Law of Moses, the servant of God, have been poured out on us, because we have sinned against you.

 

Hosea 9:7 NIV

7 The days of punishment are coming, the days of reckoning are at hand. Let Israel know this. Because your sins are so many and your hostility so great, the prophet is considered a fool,   the inspired person a maniac.

 

Amos 3:2 NIV

2 “You only have I chosen of all the families of the earth; therefore I will punish you for all your sins.”

 

Micah 6:13 NIV

13 Therefore, I have begun to destroy you, to ruin you because of your sins.

 

While Numbers 23:21 say,

 

21 He hath not beheld iniquity in Jacob,

 

all the 10 verses tell us a different story.

 

They tell us that not only does God beheld their iniquities,

 

He will also punish them severely for their sins.

 

So how, Joseph Prince?

 

Can you, Joseph Prince, please enlighten us

 

why is the God in Numbers 23:21, which you have portrayed

 

so different from the one in all the 10 verses?

 

Any idea?

 

It seems that we are worshipping a different God?

 

You had better check your Bible.

 

It could be a different Bible from what most Christians have.

 

Are all the 10 verses in your Bible in the first place?

 

And mind you, these are just a minority

 

of the plenty of such verses in the Old Testament.

 

If so, Joseph Prince,

 

why didn’t you quote these verses also?

 

Joseph Prince, now your game is up.

 

As usual, not only were you trying to give us one half

 

of what God is portrayed in the scriptures,

 

you have also schemed to ‘hide’ the other half of God

 

which is equally portrayed in the Old Testament.

 

But the show is not over yet.

 

I am only highlighting the Old Testament verses.

 

Let me show you the New Testament verses.

 

Please see one of the sections below

 

about what Paul wrote to the Churches in Corinth,

 

Galatia, Ephesus, Thessalonica and Colossae. 

 

In ‘Sermon on the Mount,’

 

Arthur Pink wrote:

 

“Such a statement as

 

“He hath not beheld iniquity in Jacob,

 

neither hath He seen perverseness in Israel” (Num. 23:21)

 

has been interpreted to mean

 

that God looks not upon His people

 

as they are in themselves

 

but ever views them in Christ,

 

and therefore, sees them as without any sin.

 

But such an idea is flatly contradicted by Holy Writ.

 

God does take cognizance of our sins

 

and plainly declares:

 

“If His children forsake My law and walk not in My judgments; …

 

If they break My statutes and keep not My commandments; …

 

Then will I visit their transgression

 

with the rod and their iniquity with stripes” (Ps. 89:30-32).

 

Believers are required to confess their sins,

 

and both their forgiveness and cleansing

 

are made contingent thereon (1 John 1:9).

 

It is blessedly true that the believer

 

has a perfect standing or status before God,

 

yet that must not be made

 

to swallow up his state and present case…

 

Sin is no less sinful

 

when committed by a believer than by an unbeliever,

 

and unless it be repented of

 

or put right before God in this life

 

it will have to he put right in the Day to come.

 

And who that loves holiness

 

would wish it were otherwise?”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

I hope Arthur Pink has put to rest the false idea

 

that Joseph Prince is trying to deceive people with.

 

According to Arthur Pink,

 

Numbers 23:21 does not mean that

 

God sees His people as without sin.

 

Do you trust Arthur Pink,

 

the renowned Bible commentator and teacher,

 

or Joseph Prince, the renowned serial liar?

 

Joseph Prince said:

 

“Stop, he didn’t say that.

 

He didn’t say they have no iniquity, no sin.

 

He says,

 

‘God has beheld no iniquity.’

 

… That was when God saw your sins

 

but in the body of His Son on the cross

 

so that today, God sees you without sin.

 

Now stop.

 

I know there’ll be a lot of criticism.

 

Oh, new faulter for you.

 

It becomes faulter in their hands, actually.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Joseph Prince, why stop here, stop there.

 

Why so defensive?

 

You mean by saying stop here, stop there,

 

I will be frightened by you

 

not to contend against your rubbish.

 

So don’t waste your time,

 

saying stop here and stop there.

 

Don’t play games with me.

 

You think your teaching, so glorious

 

that no one can point out the rubbish in your sermon?

 

You have picked on the wrong guy.

 

You ought to know what George Ong will do.

 

Hey, Joseph Prince,

 

no need to wayang like that, lah (play games)

 

You know I won’t let you go, one.

 

Hey, why are you are so scared of Mr Pen.

 

that you have to say, stop here, stop there,

 

qualify here, qualify there,

 

hoping that Mr Pen cannot catch you.

 

You should know,

 

how can Mr Pen let you go?

 

Any nonsense or rubbish

 

that you spew out in your sermon,

 

the next day or a few days later,

 

it will be the newspapers for everyone to read.

 

Hey Joseph Prince,

 

for the first of about 23 years of your ministry,

 

you king, Wah Li Cho Ong (you are king), you know.

 

You can say anything you like,

 

Say people like Mickey Mouse lah, Donald Duck lah.

 

and no one dare to challenge you,

 

until you meet Mr Pen, right?

 

Now, since 2017, especially from 2020 onwards,

 

situation different already.

 

Any rubbish you say,

 

Mr Pen will surely come after you, one.

 

So nowadays, you panic, right?

 

You have to sweat, right?

 

You have to spend double time

 

to prepare your sermon, right,

 

to qualify here, qualify there,

 

to make sure that Mr Pen cannot catch you, right?

 

But you, not so clever, lah.

 

Always outflanked by Mr Pen.

 

Always get caught by Mr Pen.

 

You got to work much smarter and harder

 

to try to stay on top of Mr Pen.

 

Hey, it’s not that I want to make you look foolish, you know.

 

You are the one who gave me so many reasons

 

because of the rubbish you said in your sermons

 

to make you look foolish.

 

So how to resist such opportunities

 

that you yourself present to me.

 

So, actually, my job is less

 

if you say less rubbish, lah.

 

The day I stop bothering you

 

is when you start to speak sense, lah,

 

instead of nonsense.

 

Hey, I work very hard, you know.

 

You recently went on Sabbatical,

 

hey, pity me leh,

 

I also need Sabbatical, you know.

 

So, if you speak less rubbish

 

then sure, I have nothing to write.

 

So I can go for Sabbatical like you, mah.

 

Hey this issue, we have great people

 

like Arthur Pink and Michael Brown, you know.

 

So don’t slander me that

 

I am the only one to find fault with you, lah.

 

Arthur Pink and Michael Brown also find fault with you, what.

 

So, you must have the guts to go after them, mah.

 

Like last week, I featured Dr Chew Weng Chee.

 

But you so quiet, dare not speak against him.

 

So much for now, hear from me in my next article.

 

Keep you guessing which part of your rubbish I will feature.

 

No need to sweat.

 

Just rest, rest and rest, follow your own teaching,

 

and maybe your greatest problem now in me will disappear,

 

and in your own words, will be no more.

 

But fat hope!

 

Just take it that I am a thorn in your flesh

 

to keep you humble

 

because you are so so proud.

 

Okay, give you a little hint,

 

one of my next articles

 

may be on your biggest problem:

 

PRIDE!

 

Can see you sweating already

 

Didn’t I tell you pride is your number One problem!

 

Joseph Prince said:

 

“That was when God saw your sins

 

but in the body of His Son on the cross

 

so that today, God sees you without sin.

 

… I did not say there’s no sin in us.

 

I say His sight, there’s no sin on us.

 

When He looks on us, there’s no sin.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

These statements that Joseph Prince made are so deceptive

 

that they must be unpacked.

 

Believers are still justified in the eyes of God

 

because of what Christ has done on the cross for our sins,

 

even though they sin (not as a lifestyle),

 

as God isn’t that petty to count every little sin against them.

 

But does that mean God cannot see sin in us or on us,

 

just because Christ has shed His blood for every believer?

 

Of course not!

 

If that is the case, the Lord Jesus, who is God,

 

will never have confronted

 

5 of the 7 New Covenant churches in Revelation to repent.

 

Repent from what?

 

From their sins!

 

If the ascended Lord Jesus,

 

who died on the cross,

 

and shed His blood for our sins,

 

the second person of the Holy Trinity

 

can still see sins in New Covenant believers in Revelation

 

after the cross and after His ascension,

 

what makes Joseph Prince think

 

that Father God, the first person in the Trinitarian Godhead

 

cannot see sins in believers?

 

In ‘Studies in the Scriptures, Annual Volume 1950,’

 

Arthur Pink wrote:

 

“Some say, though God sees sin in His children,

 

He no longer sees sin on them.

 

But He does,

 

and deals with them accordingly.

 

He no longer imputes it to their eternal condemnation,

 

but He notices it to their temporal chastisement (Psa 89:30-33).

 

Second, our cleansing, even judicially, is in fact continual.

 

This is denied by some on the ground

 

that it is dishonouring to the sacrifice of Christ,

 

bringing it down to those offered under the Law,

 

which produced only a temporary remission.

 

But such an objection is pointless.

 

It is true that at conversion

 

all our previous iniquities are blotted out,

 

but to speak of God’s forgiving us our future sins

 

before they are committed is senseless;

 

“having forgiven you all trespasses” (Col 2:13)

 

is quoted by these Antinomians,

 

but that refers to all pre-conversion ones,

 

or, as 2 Peter 1:9 styles them, “purged from his old sins.”

 

Until fresh sins are committed,

 

further guilt accrues not,

 

and therefore, cannot be removed until it is there.

 

Rather let us thank God that the cleansing blood

 

is ever available for sinful creatures,

 

and plead it in all our approaches unto Him.

 

Christ’s blood is called “a new way” in Hebrews 10:20,

 

and the word signifies “newly slain”

 

– as suited to us today

 

as when shed on the cross.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Are you surprised

 

how Arthur Pink was able to describe

 

the heretical doctrine on sin

 

of the Antinomian, Joseph Prince

 

with pinpoint accuracy:

 

“Some say, though God sees sin in His children,

 

He no longer sees sin on them.”

 

This is exactly, in terms of concept,

 

what Joseph Prince said:

 

“Hear me out first.

 

I did not say there’s no sin in us.

 

I say, His sight, there’s no sin on us.

 

When He looks on us, there’s no sin.”

 

George Ong’ comments:

 

This is because most of what Joseph Prince is teaching isn’t original.

 

It is the same old Antinomian heresy

 

that has pervaded the Christian Church

 

since the time of Martin Luther,

 

and down through the years during Arthur Pink’s time,

 

and now it has reared its ugly head

 

in the modern-day Antinomian, Joseph Prince,

 

in his false grace teaching.

 

Joseph Prince said in another sermon;

 

Please click here to view the 15-second video:

 

“And God cannot see sin on you

 

because He sees the blood of Jesus in His holy of holies.

 

When God’s eyes see blood,

 

God’s eyes cannot see sin.”

 

In ‘Revival or we Die,’

 

Michael Brown wrote:

 

“You might say,

 

“It’s obvious you are a legalist with no concept of grace.

 

God doesn’t see our sins now.

 

He sees us through the blood of the cross.

 

Jesus took our judgment.

 

… As for the idea that God does not see our sin

 

and that He only sees us through the cross,

 

what do we do with Acts,

 

with all the Letters, and with Revelation

 

– in other words,

 

with the rest of the New Testament after the Gospels?

 

Virtually every one of these books

 

addresses sin in the Church,

 

often on page after page.

 

If the Lord doesn’t see our sins,

 

why He is so grieved by them?

 

Why the constant correction?

 

We really need to rediscover the truth of the Word.

 

That’s why, throughout the New Testament,

 

we are warned about the danger of deception,

 

either deceiving ourselves or being deceived by others.

 

(James 1:16-25; see also 2 Corinthians 11:2-4; Galatians 3:1)

 

As someone once said,

 

the problem with deception

 

is that it is very deceiving.

 

Yet, that is exactly

 

what has happened to us in our day.

 

We too have been deceived,

 

and we don’t even know it.”

 

In a sermon, Michael Brown said;

 

Please click here to view the 40-second video:

 

“The Hyper grace camp comes and says, no, no, no.

 

When God forgave you,

 

he forgave all your sins, past, present and future.

 

He already forgave my future sins

 

because Jesus died for them.

 

So, no matter what I do,

 

I can never be unforgiven.

 

And because hyper grace teachers

 

say all your future sins are already forgiven,

 

then the Holy Spirit will never convict you of sin

 

because God doesn’t see it.

 

And if all your sins are already forgiven,

 

then you never have to confess your sin

 

because it has already been forgiven.

 

And it’s impossible that anything that you do

 

could ever change your relationship with God.

 

And you see how this can open the door

 

to sin and deception and complacency.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Who do you trust?

 

Michael Brown, the famous Bible teacher,

 

or Joseph Prince, the famous serial hypocrite?

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Michael Brown wrote that virtually

 

every book of the New Testament

 

addresses sin in the Church

 

Now let me give you just a few examples

 

from the Apostle Paul.

 

The Apostle Paul, unlike Joseph Prince,

 

treated sins very seriously

 

and he even taught that

 

if believers don’t deal with certain sins,

 

such as sexual and adulterous sins in their lives,

 

they will never inherit the Kingdom of God:

 

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 NIV

9 “Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.”

 

Galatians 5:19-21 NIV

19 “The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

 

Ephesians 5:5-6 NIV

5 For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person – such a person is an idolater – has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. 6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient.”

 

Joseph Prince, would you care to enlighten us

 

– that if you say Paul is your mentor,

 

why is his doctrine on sin so different,

 

like day and night, from yours.

 

While you say God does not see the sin in us or on us

 

(don’t try and play with words),

 

on the contrary, Paul can see those sins in the believers so clearly

 

in the churches in Corinth, Galatia and Ephesus

 

that he had to warn them to stay away from them.

 

Paul gave the same warning

 

to the Church in Thessalonica and the Church in Colossae:

 

1 Thessalonians 4:3-7 NIV

3 “It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; 4 that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable, 5 not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God; 6 The Lord will punish all those who commit such sins, as we told you and warned you before. 7 For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life.

 

Colossians 3:5-6 NIV

5 “Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these, the wrath of God is coming.

 

Now, it is so obvious that Joseph Prince had lied

 

against the scriptures, God, Jesus and Paul,

 

when he said God cannot see the sins in us or on us.

 

If God does not see sin in or on us,

 

Paul will never have commanded

 

the churches in Corinth, Galatia, Ephesus, Thessalonica and Colossae

 

to do away or repent from their sins,

 

less they are punished by God (Church in Thessalonica),

 

come under God’s wrath (Church in Colossae)

 

and even be barred from entering God’s Kingdom (Church in Corinth, Galatia and Ephesus).

 

In ‘An Exposition of Hebrews, Faithful Classic,’

 

Arthur Pink wrote:

 

“They fondly imagine that the blood of Christ covers all their sins.

 

Horrible blasphemy!

 

Dear reader, make no mistake upon this point,

 

and suffer no false prophet

 

to cause you to believe the contrary,

 

the blood of Christ covers no sins

 

that have not been truly repented of

 

and confessed to God with a broken heart.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Arthur Pink had categorically written that

 

the one who teaches that our sins are already forgiven,

 

and that forgiveness can be obtained

 

without confession and repentance,

 

that Joseph Prince teaches,

 

is a false prophet.

 

In ‘An Exposition of Hebrews, Faithful Classic,’

 

Arthur Pink wrote:

 

“The truth of Divine chastisement

 

corrects another serious error,

 

which has become quite common in certain quarters,

 

namely, that God views His people so completely in Christ

 

that He sees no sin in them.

 

… God does see sin in His children

 

and chastises them for it.

 

Even though the non-imputation of sin to the believer (Rom. 4:8)

 

and the chastisement of sin in believers (1 Cor. 11:30-32)

 

were irreconcilable to human reason,

 

we are bound to receive both on the authority of Holy Writ.

 

… What could express more clearly the fact

 

that God does see sin in believers,

 

and that He does chastise them for it?

 

… Very well; from the same unerring Testimony

 

we also know that God chastises His people for their sins.

 

It is at our imminent peril

 

that we reject either of these complementary truths.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

How true for Arthur Pink to point out that

 

the theology of chastisement alone,

 

can debunk the heresy of Joseph Prince

 

that God does not see sins in or on us.

 

If there are no sins that God sees in or on us,

 

why is there the need for Him to chastise us?

 

This is not only a biblical argument,

 

but also an argument from logic.

 

It is highly embarrassing for Joseph Prince

 

being a world-renowned grace teacher

 

to be so sorely lacking in basic logic.

 

Joseph Prince said:

 

“Imagine facing life every day,

 

knowing that,

 

you are the righteousness of God in Christ,

 

even when you fail and all that.

 

… If you fail, what do you say,

 

‘I’m the righteousness of God in Christ…’”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Joseph Prince is such a crafty guy

 

that he uses the word ‘fail’ (highlighted in purple)

 

to replace the word ‘sin’.

 

He knows if he uses the word ‘sin’,

 

he would be more easily for his false grace doctrine

 

to be exposed.

 

He thinks he can get away with that.

 

But sorry lah, good try;

 

how can he get away with George Ong?

 

I know his Pseudo-grace doctrine inside out

 

and he cannot run away from me.

 

This is because in his book,

 

he uses the word ‘sin’, not ‘fail’.

 

In ‘Grace Revolution’, Joseph Prince wrote,

 

“And when you have sinned,

 

what do you say?

 

That’s the time to say by faith, 

 

‘I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus’ 

 

(see 2 Cor 5:21).”

 

To proclaim that we are the righteousness of God

 

after one has confessed his sins, is perfectly legitimate.

 

To confess that we are the righteousness of God

 

at other times when we are not sinning

 

is also no issue at all.

 

But for Joseph Prince to teach that when we sin,

 

we are not to confess sin

 

but we are to confess

 

that we are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus,

 

is grossly erroneous and clearly heretical.

 

In a sermon, Joseph Prince said;

 

Please click here to view the 30-second video:  

 

“‘One day, I listened to Pastor Prince’s sermons

 

where he encourages us

 

to declare our righteousness in Christ,

 

all while trusting the Lord for deliverance from our addictions.

 

At first, it didn’t sit very well with me

 

especially when I said it

 

during and after I watched porn.’ 

 

So in other words, while he is watching 

 

and people are saying,

 

‘You know you cannot be saying that

 

when you are watching.’”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Joseph Prince then went on to share that this person

 

who gave his testimony

 

was finally delivered from watching pornography.

 

Prince has shared these sorts of testimonies of people

 

smoking and watching pornography many times,

 

and he claimed that these people had been delivered

 

from their addictions

 

because they followed his teaching

 

that while they smoke or watch porn, 

 

they are to say,

 

“I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.”

 

When Joseph Prince wrote (Grace Revolution),

 

“And when you have sinned,”

 

what do you say?

 

That’s the time to say by faith, 

 

‘I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus,” 

 

the sin that Joseph Prince was referring to when he said,

 

“And when you have sinned,”

 

must be referring to all sins, right!

 

From the sin of anger, bitterness, pornography, smoking,

 

to the sin of adultery and even murder.

 

It has to be.

 

Let’s say, let’s say only (hypothetical)

 

Joseph Prince committed the sin of adultery.

 

And knowing that his sin of adultery (hypothetical)

 

has been forgiven at the cross

 

because he teaches that all his future sins,

 

including adultery, have been forgiven,

 

and still in bed with his lover

 

committing the adulterous act,

 

he follows his own teaching,

 

like the advice he gave to the person

 

who had the problem of pornography, 

 

and keeps repeating,

 

“I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.”

 

After repeating that ‘magic’ phrase several times,

 

Joseph Prince continues to have sex with his lover.

 

After the entire adulterous act is over (hypothetical),

 

Joseph Prince caps it off by shouting one last time,

 

“I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.”

 

Let’s now ask Joseph Prince,

 

is that what he would do?

 

If Joseph Prince said no,

 

then his whole teaching on declaring

 

“I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus,”

 

when one has sinned, the sin of adultery, or any sin,

 

is a SCAM.

 

But if Joseph Prince said yes;

 

that’s what he would do,

 

then we must straightaway arrange

 

to send him for a mental check-up.

 

Now, for the second example,

 

let’s just say, Joseph Prince’s right-hand man, named ‘A’

 

is about to commit the sin of murder (hypothetical).

 

‘A’ is about the most fervent fellow

 

to have embraced Joseph Prince’s teachings,

 

because you can hear his loyal and the loudest shouting

 

of Amens and Hallelujahs

 

to many of Joseph Prince’s statements in his sermon.

 

Let’s say ‘A’, let’s say only (hypothetical),

 

had just stabbed someone with a knife to murder him (hypothetical).

 

And knowing that his sin of murder (hypothetical)

 

has been forgiven at the cross

 

because he had learned that from Joseph Prince

 

that all his future sins, including murder, have been forgiven,

 

he follows the advice of Joseph Prince,

 

and keeps repeating,

 

“I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus,” 

 

while he continues to stab the victim

 

until the victim is dead.

 

After committing the sin of murder,

 

‘A’ looks over the dead body,

 

and knowing that his sin of murder

 

has been forgiven at the cross,

 

he follows the advice of Joseph Prince,

 

and keeps repeating,

 

“I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.”

 

Let’s now ask ‘A’,

 

is that what he would do?

 

If he said no,

 

then he is admitting that what

 

he had learned from Joseph Prince about declaring

 

“I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus,”

 

when he has sinned – the sin of murder, or any sin,

 

is a FARCE.

 

If ‘A’ said yes,

 

that’s what he would do,

 

then we must straightaway arrange

 

to send him to the Police for serious questioning.

 

Joseph Prince would straightaway defend himself,

 

“But George, when I tell everyone

 

to confess their righteousness

 

when they are sinning,

 

I am referring to the sins of smoking, gambling

 

and watching pornography

 

but I don’t mean to also include

 

the sins of adultery, rape, and murder.”

 

George would say,

 

“Wait a minute, didn’t you say the following

 

in ‘Grace Revolution’,

 

“And when you have sinned, 

 

what do you say?

 

That’s the time to say by faith, 

 

‘I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus” 

 

(see 2 Cor 5:21).”

 

George would further say to Joseph Prince:

 

Did you qualify what those sins were and were not?

 

Everyone who read what you wrote

 

would have taken that to mean every sin.

 

If you do not mean that they would also include

 

the sins of adultery, rape and murder,

 

why didn’t you make this clear in your quote?

 

You ought to have said,

 

“And when you have sinned, 

 

(except for the sins of adultery, rape and murder

 

plus 10 other exceptions,)

 

what do you say?

 

That’s the time to say by faith, 

 

‘I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus” 

 

(see 2 Cor 5:21).”

 

Joseph Prince’s comeback defence would be,

 

“But surely, a true and born-again believer

 

won’t commit the sins of adultery, rape and murder?”

 

George would say,

 

“Who says a believer cannot commit

 

such sins as adultery, rape and murder?

 

Have you forgotten about David?

 

Even though David was a man after God’s own heart,

 

he committed both sins of adultery and murder.

 

And Moses, the man whom God gave the law

 

to His Old Covenantal people,

 

was a murderer too.” 

 

And by the way, the other half of the story (or half-truth)

 

Joseph Prince doesn’t tell you is this

 

– have these people continued to smoke and watched porn

 

years after they were so-called delivered?

 

Has Joseph Prince monitored every testimony of people

 

delivered that he had shared over the pulpit,

 

and say 5 years down the road,

 

and confirmed that these same people

 

have indeed been permanently delivered?

 

And if there should be many

 

who have reverted to their previous sins

 

of smoking and watching porn,

 

would Joseph Prince dare to broadcast these over the pulpit?

 

Dream on!

 

He will make sure they are kept under wraps

 

as tightly as possible from the public

 

for fear that his Grace Theology

 

is tarnished and of being revealed as a fraud.

 

Finally, there is nowhere in the Bible

 

that tells a believer to confess his righteousness

 

instead of his sins when he has sinned

 

except for the weird and false doctrine of Joseph Prince.

 

Joseph Prince, if you could show me just one verse in the Bible

 

that explicitly says we are to confess our righteousness

 

and not our sins when we have sinned, 

 

I will offer to sponsor him on a free trip anywhere in the world.

 

I will be expecting you to take up this challenge from me,

 

as after all, this is one of your core doctrines that is at stake.

 

If you run away from this challenge by remaining silent,

 

then you have proven you are not a man but a coward

 

with absolutely no guts!

 

The truth is that confessing righteousness instead of our sins

 

when one has sinned

 

isn’t taught by any of the Apostolic Fathers,

 

Reformation Church Fathers, Puritan Church Fathers

 

or Contemporary Church Fathers.

 

If you don’t believe me,

 

ask Joseph Prince to name just one church father

 

who taught this?

 

I’m 101 percent sure he can’t even name one.

 

Joseph Prince has made big claims

 

that his ‘confessing your righteousness

 

instead of confessing your sins’ teaching

 

has set many people free from their bondage.

 

Come to think of it,

 

if he has discovered such an effective strategy to set people free,

 

why didn’t the apostolic and early church practise it?

 

Instead, they were practising the reverse of what he taught

 

– confessing sins instead of confessing righteousness (1 Jn 1:9).

 

Joseph Prince’s teaching that when we sin,

 

we don’t have to confess our sins, but our righteousness

 

is part of his feel-good, cheap grace and easy Christianity

 

that can only appeal to carnal goats.

 

True sheep will never be deceived

 

by such too-good-to-be-true teachings

 

that will only bring destruction

 

to those who are deceived by such teachings. 

 

Finally, if Joseph Prince had lied

 

against the scriptures, God, Jesus and Paul,

 

when he said God cannot see the sins in us or on us

 

which I have proven in this article,

 

how can he not be a son of the devil?

 

How can he not be empowered by Satan

 

to deceive the multitudes to the lake of fire?

 

Rev George Ong

 

Appendix

 

Numbers 23:21

 

CJB

21 He considers no disaster for Jacob;
he sees no trouble for Israel.
The Lord their God is with them,
and there is rejoicing over the King among them.

 

CEB

21 He hasn’t envisioned misfortune for Jacob,
    nor has he seen trouble for Israel.
The Lord his God is with him,
    proclaimed as his king.

 

CEV

21 Israel’s king is the Lord God.
He lives there with them
    and intends them no harm.

 

EASY

21 I do not see that any trouble will come to the Israelites. The Lord their God is with them, to help them. They call him their king. 22 He brought them out of Egypt. He fights on their behalf, as strong as a wild bull.

 

EHV

No disaster is in sight for Jacob.
No suffering is seen in Israel.
The Lord his God is with him.
The shout for the King is among them.
He rejoices in his King.

 

GW

21 He doesn’t want any trouble for the descendants of Jacob.
He sees no misfortune for the people of Israel.
The Lord their God is with them,
praised as their king.

 

GNT

21 I foresee that Israel’s future
Will bring her no misfortune or trouble.
The Lord their God is with them;

 

HCSB

21 He considers no disaster for Jacob;
He sees no trouble for Israel.
The Lord their God is with them,
and there is rejoicing over the King among them.

 

LSB

21 He has not observed misfortune in Jacob;
Nor has He seen trouble in Israel;
Yahweh his God is with him,

And the shout of a king is among them.

 

NOG

21 He doesn’t want any trouble for the descendants of Jacob. He sees no misfortune for the people of Israel.

Yahweh their Elohim is with them, praised as their king

 

NABRE

21 Misfortune I do not see in Jacob,
    nor do I see misery in Israel.
The Lord, their God, is with them;
    among them is the war-cry of their King.

 

NCB

21 No misfortune is seen in Jacob,
    no misery is seen in Israel.
The Lord, their God, is with them;
    the shout of a king is among them.

 

NIRV

21 “I don’t see any trouble coming on the people of Jacob.
    I don’t see any suffering in Israel.
The Lord their God is with them.
    The shout of the King is among them.

 

NLV

21 No hard times are seen in Jacob. No trouble is seen in Israel. The Lord their God is with them. And the cry of a king is among them.

 

NRSVA

21 He has not beheld misfortune in Jacob;
    nor has he seen trouble in Israel.
The Lord their God is with them,
    acclaimed as a king among them.

 

ESVUK, NIVUK, NRSVACE, NRSVCE, NRSVUE, RSVCE, TLV, VOICE

 

×
×

Basket