Joseph Prince makes Jesus a liar & lied against himself on the greatest commandment – By Rev George Ong (Dated 4 March 2024)

 

YouTube Comment: @12345okok

 

“Dear Rev George Ong,

 

we agree that refuting false teachers and their teachings

 

is a calling for you

 

and also a charge for apostles and senior leaders.

 

Thanks for your persevering spirit.

 

We appreciate it very much

 

and are grateful to God for you.

 

Keep up the good work.

 

God is pleased.”

 

Announcements:

 

1 Video each on George Ong & Joseph Prince

 

& 1 audio on Pastor Jason Lim.

 

Don’t miss the views of 4 Prominent Church Fathers:

 

Martyn Lloyd-Jones, Arthur Pink, Charles Spurgeon

 

and James Montgomery Boice.

 

Excerpt No 1 from the Article:

 

In ‘Born of God,’

 

Martyn Lloyd-Jones said:

 

“I am saying that Christ through the Spirit

 

enables us to fulfil the law.

 

That is Christianity.

 

… And so my last word is this:

 

grace gives us the power to keep the law,

 

and grace alone does that.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Martyn Lloyd-Jones said

 

Christianity is about having grace and the Holy Spirit

 

to empower us to keep the law.

 

That being the case,

 

Joseph Prince doesn’t even understand

 

what Christianity really is,

 

hence, his claim of being a Christian, is in serious doubt.

 

Excerpt No 2 from the Article:

 

In ‘Studies in the Sermon on the Mount,’

 

Martyn Lloyd-Jones said:

 

“Certain things always characterize the Christian,

 

and these are certainly

 

the three most important principles.

 

The Christian is a man who of necessity

 

must be concerned about keeping God’s law.”

 

George Ong’s comments;

 

Martyn Lloyd-Jones said

 

keeping the law

 

represents one key characteristic of being a Christian.

 

This shows that Joseph Prince

 

who teaches against the law of God

 

isn’t a Christian in the first place.

 

Excerpt No 3 from the Article:

 

In ‘Born of God,’

 

Martyn Lloyd-Jones said:

 

“The difference between

 

non-Christians and Christians is this:

 

here are non-Christians really hating the law of God.

 

They try to keep it and fail,

 

and they find it a terrible burden;

 

it is ‘grievous’.

 

What of Christians?

 

Well, to Christians,

 

his commandments are not grievous.

 

Christians love the law of God.

 

They want to keep it;

 

they are given power to keep it.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

I cannot help but to conclude

 

that by the description of Martyn Lloyd-Jones,

 

Joseph Prince is a non-Christian.

 

Excerpt No 4 from the Article:

 

In ‘Born of God,’

 

Martyn Lloyd-Jones said:

 

“That is antinomianism,

 

which is the greatest curse imaginable.

 

… Indeed, let me put it like this to you:

 

If grace does not enable me to keep

 

and to live the law of God,

 

then it means that the devil has triumphed over God!”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Martyn Lloyd-Jones said

 

two very damaging things about Joseph Prince.

 

First, Lloyd-Jones said that

 

Antinomianism, which Joseph Prince teaches,

 

is the greatest curse imaginable.

 

Second, Lloyd-Jones also said that

 

If grace does not enable us to keep the law,

 

which is epitomised in Joseph Prince’s teaching, 

 

then it means that the devil

 

has triumphed over God!

 

Excerpt No 5 from the Article:

 

In ‘Studies in the Scriptures, Annual Volume 1949

 

Arthur Pink wrote:

 

“And therefore, it is that the truly regenerate

 

delight in the Law of God after the inward man,

 

and with their minds, serve the same (Rom 7:22, 25).”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Arthur Pink said only the truly generate

 

would delight in God’s laws and keep them.

 

This proves that Joseph Prince

 

who preaches against the keeping of God’s laws

 

is an unregenerate man.

 

Excerpt No 6 from the Article:

 

In ‘Sermon on the Mount by Arthur W. Pink,’

 

Arthur Pink wrote:

 

“… that any preacher who rejects God’s Law,

 

who denies repentance

 

to be a condition of salvation,

 

… is a false prophet,

 

and should be shunned as a deadly plague.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Arthur Pink said

 

any preacher who rejects God’s laws

 

and the message of repentance for salvation,

 

is a false prophet,

 

and should be shunned as a deadly plague.

 

The sad thing is Joseph Prince

 

who is confirmed to be a false prophet by Arthur Pink

 

as he teaches against God’s laws

 

is adored and hero-worshipped by many.  

 

(This article was also sent to Rev Dr Ngoei Foong Nghian, General Secretary, National Council of Churches of Singapore (NCCS) office, and for the attention of the Executive Committee Members.)

 

Please click here

 

to view the entire video.

 

In a Sunday sermon aired on YouTube,

 

3 Mar 2024, yesterday, Joseph Prince said;

 

Please click here to view the 30-second video:

 

“We live under the New Covenant.

 

We are not under law, we’re under grace.

 

What is the greatest commandment

 

under law?

 

Thou shall love the Lord thy God with all thy heart,

 

all thy soul, all they mind, all thy strength,

 

has anyone done that?

 

No one.

 

No one can do that.

 

If you can, stand up.

 

And then we’ll pray for liars.

 

No one can do that.

 

No one.”

 

Let me at the outset state that

 

Jesus has never abolished the moral laws in Matthew 5:17-20,

 

including the greatest commandment,

 

which He expects New Covenant believers to obey.

 

But Joseph Prince daringly teaches against Jesus

 

– since the greatest commandment is under Old Covenant law,

 

it has become obsolete.

 

And, moreover,

 

since no one can obey the greatest commandment

 

to love God perfectly,

 

everyone is excused from even loving God imperfectly

 

because Joseph Prince teaches

 

that loving God is under the Old Covenant.

 

With that, Joseph Prince is effectively making Jesus a liar

 

– that Jesus had lied

 

when He said the moral law,

 

which includes the greatest commandment

 

is to be obeyed by New Covenant believers.

 

This is sacrilegious!

 

If you have missed a previous article

 

which is of immediate relevance,

 

Joseph Prince committed the Greatest Sin by Mocking Jesus’ Greatest Commandment – By Rev George Ong

 

Please click on the link below:

 

https://www.revgeorgeong.com/rev-george-ong-joseph-prince-committed-the-greatest-sin-by-mocking-jesus-greatest-commandment-another-article/

 

1. Joseph Prince persisting to be idiotic in his logic.

 

Joseph Prince said:

 

“Thou shall love the Lord thy God with all thy heart,

 

with all thy soul, all they mind, all thy strength,

 

has anyone done that?

 

No one.

 

No one can do that.

 

If you can, stand up.

 

And then we’ll pray for liars.

 

No one can do that. No one.”

 

Joseph Prince, with his above argument in the video,

 

is like him asking his son,

 

“Son, can you love daddy perfectly,

 

with all your heart, mind, soul and strength?

 

If you say yes, you are a liar.

 

So, you finally admitted that you can’t.

 

Since you can’t love me perfectly

 

and with your whole being,

 

you are, from henceforth,

 

excused from loving me (your daddy),

 

even imperfectly ever again.”

 

Would Joseph Prince say that to his son?

 

If he ever says that to his son,

 

he would be the most moronic father ever.

 

Joseph Prince, with his above argument in the video,

 

is like him asking his wife,

 

“Darling, can you love me, perfectly,

 

with all your heart, mind, soul and strength?

 

If you say yes, you are a liar.

 

So, you finally admitted that you can’t.

 

Since you can’t love me perfectly

 

and with your whole being,

 

you are, from henceforth,

 

excused from loving me (your hubby),

 

even imperfectly ever again.”

 

Would Joseph Prince say that to his wife?

 

If he ever said that to his wife,

 

he would be the most idiotic husband ever.

 

If Joseph Prince would never say that to his son and wife,

 

then why is he saying such utter rubbish

 

that is fit for the dumps

 

regarding the greatest commandment

 

– that since we can’t love God

 

with all our heart, mind, soul and strength,

 

we are, henceforth,

 

excused from loving God even imperfectly,

 

because Joseph Prince said in his sermons

 

and wrote in his books

 

that loving God is under law or the Old Covenant.

 

2. Joseph Prince lied against himself.

 

When Joseph Prince said that none of us

 

can obey the greatest commandment,

 

he is lying against himself.

 

This is because he himself has made the claim many times

 

that his Super-grace or Pseudo-grace theology

 

can be so powerful that it can help you

 

super-exceed the expectations even of the Law.

 

In ‘Unmerited Favor’, Page xiii,

 

Joseph Prince wrote,

 

“The standards that grace sets

 

are much higher than the standards of the law of Moses.

 

When you are under grace,

 

you will effortlessly fulfill and even super-exceed

 

the expectations of the law of Moses!

 

Come on, are you getting this?

 

If you can understand what I am saying

 

in this introduction,

 

you have already been blessed.”

 

In ‘Unmerited Favor’, Page 164,

 

Joseph Prince wrote,

 

“In fact, when you receive God’s love,

 

you will not just fulfill the law effortlessly,

 

but you will also exceed it.”

 

So, Joseph Prince had categorically boasted

 

that his Super-grace doctrine

 

can help you super-exceed

 

the expectations of the law of Moses

 

by effortlessly, not only in fulfilling the law,

 

but also in exceeding it.

 

But why is he now telling us a different story

 

– that no one can obey the greatest commandment,

 

which he says is under law.

 

So clearly, Joseph Prince has either lied

 

when he wrote in his book and said in his other sermons

 

that grace can super-exceed

 

what law expects you to do.

 

Or, Joseph Prince has lied in his recent sermons,

 

especially on 3 Mar 2024, yesterday,

 

that grace has no power to help you

 

to obey the greatest commandment

 

which is under law.

 

There are no two ways about it.

 

It is either one or the other.

 

How can Joseph Prince say that

 

his Super-grace can help you

 

super-exceed the expectations of the Law of Moses,

 

and yet, at the same time,

 

also said that grace has no power

 

to help you obey the greatest commandment,

 

which is under law.

 

Now, Joseph Prince, what’s going on?

 

Joseph Prince is indeed proven by me again

 

to be a serial liar.

 

He is also a serial hypocrite.

 

He calls those who try to obey the greatest commandment

 

as liars when he said:

 

“No one can do that.

 

If you can, stand up.

 

And then we’ll pray for liars.

 

No one can do that.

 

No one.”

 

The truth is Joseph Prince is the real hypocrite and liar

 

when he gave conflicting signals

 

as to what his grace doctrine can do.

 

It is totally contradictory that on the one hand,

 

Joseph Prince believes so wholeheartedly

 

that his Pseudo-grace can super-exceed

 

what the law requires,

 

and yet, on the other hand,

 

he is filled with unbelief

 

that his grace doctrine can help

 

to obey the greatest commandment of God. 

 

Joseph Prince is concocting a blatant lie

 

in teaching that it is impossible to obey God’s laws

 

when Prophet Ezekiel, Apostle Paul and Apostle John

 

have all affirmed that it is absolutely possible

 

through the Spirit.” (Ezek 36:26-27, 1 Jn 5:2-3, Rom 8:4):

 

Ezekiel 36:26-27 GNT

26 “I will give you a new heart and a new mind. I will take away your stubborn heart of stone and give you an obedient heart. 27 I will put my spirit in you and will see to it that you follow my laws and keep all the commands I have given you.”

 

Ezekiel 36:26-27 TLB

26 “And I will give you a new heart – I will give you new and right desires—and put a new spirit within you. I will take out your stony hearts of sin and give you new hearts of love. 27 And I will put my Spirit within you so that you will obey my laws and do whatever I command.”

 

Please note that though Ezekiel 36:26-27

 

is an Old Testament text,

 

it is speaking about the New Covenant,

 

with the outpouring of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost,

 

which has already been prophesied in the Old Testament.

 

The message is that with the empowering of the Holy Spirit,

 

we, the New Covenant believers,

 

can obey the laws and commands of God:

 

1 John 5:2-3 CEV

2 “If we love and obey God, we know that we will love his children. 3 We show our love for God by obeying his commandments, and they are not hard to follow.”

 

1 John 5:2-3 WE

2 “This is how we know we love God’s children. We love God and we obey his laws. 3 We show that we love God when we obey his laws. His laws are not hard to obey.”

 

Romans 8:4 CEV

4 “He did this, so that we would do what the Law commands by obeying the Spirit instead of our own desires.”

 

Romans 8:4 TLB

4 “So now we can obey God’s laws if we follow after the Holy Spirit and no longer obey the old evil nature within us.”

 

When you have one prophet of God (Ezekiel)

 

and two apostles of Christ (Paul and John)

 

who totally contradicted Joseph Prince

 

on his teaching that it is impossible to obey God’s laws,

 

what more evidence do you want

 

before you can be convinced

 

that he is a false prophet?”

 

(Ezek 36:26-27, 1 Jn 5:2-3, Rom 8:4)

 

George Ong said:

 

“The grace that Joseph Prince preaches

 

is to exempt us from doing the impossible,

 

but the grace that Prince Jesus proclaims

 

is to empower us to do the impossible.”

 

3. Joseph Prince makes Jesus a liar.

 

Joseph Prince said:

 

“We live under the New Covenant.

 

We are not under law, we’re under grace.

 

What is the greatest commandment

 

under law?

 

Thou shall love the Lord thy God with all thy heart

 

with all thy soul, all they mind, all thy strength…”

 

Joseph Prince is making Jesus a liar

 

when he said the greatest commandment is under law

 

and no longer relevant to New Covenant believers. 

 

The truth is the moral law in the Ten Commandments,

 

including the greatest commandment,

 

though under law,

 

is not abrogated or being made obsolete.

 

On the contrary, Jesus made it so clear

 

they are relevant to New Covenant believers

 

and we are to obey them. 

 

In a teaching session, Pastor Jason Lim said;

 

Please click here

 

to listen to the 40-second audio:

 

“But you see, this is the difference.

 

If you are truly born again,

 

If you are truly saved,

 

you will love the law.

 

That’s right.

 

You will love the law.

 

You won’t obey it in order to find favor

 

but you will love the law

 

and you would want to obey it.

 

The carnal man,

 

the unsaved man cannot obey,

 

because he doesn’t love the law.

 

He hates the law, the Bible says.

 

But the child of God says,

 

“I delight in Your word.”

 

And we know that the law is good

 

and we want to do it

 

because we want to please God,

 

not so that we will be favoured.”

 

In a teaching session, George Ong said;

 

Please click here

 

to view the 10-minute video:

 

The verbatim notes for the teaching

 

are given in the Appendix.

 

Let me unveil the views of 4 prominent Bible teachers,

 

who taught against Joseph Prince’s doctrine

 

that the moral law (Matt 5:17-20),

 

including the greatest commandment of Jesus

 

is obsolete:

 

Martyn Lloyd-Jones, Arthur Pink, Charles Spurgeon

 

and James Montgomery Boice.

 

In ‘Born of God,’

 

Martyn Lloyd-Jones said:

 

“In other words,

 

I am suggesting that

 

one of the greatest needs of the world

 

at this moment is to be introduced

 

to the Ten Commandments

 

in the right order.

 

… Modern men and women do not like that;

 

they do not believe it.

 

They say,

 

‘God is love.

 

We believe in the God of the New Testament,

 

the God of the Lord Jesus Christ.

 

We don’t believe in that God of Sinai.’

 

But the answer to that is that the Lord Jesus Christ

 

did believe in the God of Sinai!

 

He said that he had not come to change the law.

 

He said,

 

‘One jot or one tittle

 

shall in no wise pass from the law,

 

till all be fulfilled’ (Matt. 5:18).

 

He did not come to destroy the law and the prophets

 

but to fulfil them.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Since the law wasn’t abolished,

 

Jesus expects the greatest commandment

 

that He gave to be obeyed.

 

But Joseph Prince,

 

who said the greatest commandment is under law

 

and, therefore, no longer applicable

 

to the New Covenant,

 

is effectively making Jesus a liar! 

 

In ‘Born of God,’

 

Martyn Lloyd-Jones said:

 

“Grace, in other words,

 

must never be thought of in law-less terms.

 

You must never think of the grace of God

 

as just a way of escape, just a way of forgiveness,

 

just that which always sets us free.

 

But that is what we like to think, is it not?

 

That is what we want.

 

We like to think of grace as that which comes to us and says:

 

‘In a sense, go and do what you like…

 

It is all right:

 

you are not under law, you are under grace.’

 

But that is a most terrible thing to say.

 

That is a violation, a travesty, of the doctrine.

 

That is antinomianism,

 

which is the greatest curse imaginable.

 

Indeed, let me put it like this to you:

 

If grace does not enable me to keep

 

and to live the law of God,

 

then it means that the devil has triumphed over God!

 

‘How do you get that?’ asks someone.

 

I get it like this.

 

What the devil did in the fall

 

was not merely to make man disobey God,

 

but also to make a slave of him,

 

and to make him incapable of obeying God

 

and honouring God’s law.

 

Salvation means that the works of the devil

 

are to be entirely undone and nullified;

 

it therefore includes this:

 

man must be given ability to live

 

and to keep the law of God.

 

If salvation just means that we are forgiven

 

but we can still go on failing,

 

then the devil has succeeded.

 

… Indeed, our Lord says it himself

 

in the Sermon on the Mount:

 

‘Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets:

 

I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil’ (Matt. 5:17).

 

Listen again to the apostle Paul,

 

the great advocate of justification by faith only,

 

the man who tells us we are dead to the law

 

and no longer under it:

 

‘Do we then make void the law through faith?

 

God forbid:

 

yea, we establish the law’ (Rom. 3:31).

 

Never interpret grace

 

as that which gets rid of the law

 

or makes nothing of it or makes it void

 

– never.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Martyn Lloyd-Jones said that

 

both Jesus in Matthew 5:17-20

 

and Paul in Romans 3:31

 

have declared that the law is still applicable.

 

But Joseph Prince,

 

who said the greatest commandment is under law

 

and, therefore, no longer applicable

 

 to the New Covenant,

 

is effectively making Jesus a liar! 

 

Martyn Lloyd-Jones also said

 

two very damaging things about Joseph Prince.

 

First, Lloyd-Jones said that

 

Antinomianism, which Joseph Prince teaches,

 

is the greatest curse imaginable.

 

Second, Lloyd-Jones also said that

 

If grace does not enable us to keep the law,

 

which is epitomised in Joseph Prince’s teaching, 

 

then it means that the devil

 

has triumphed over God!

 

In ‘Born of God,’

 

Martyn Lloyd-Jones said:

 

“I am saying that Christ through the Spirit

 

enables us to fulfil the law.

 

That is Christianity.

 

… You are forgiven and therefore,

 

by the power of the Spirit,

 

live the law, keep it, please God.

 

And so my last word is this:

 

grace gives us the power to keep the law,

 

and grace alone does that.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Martyn Lloyd-Jones said

 

Christianity is about having grace and the Holy Spirit

 

to empower us to keep the law.

 

That being the case,

 

Joseph Prince doesn’t even understand

 

what Christianity really is,

 

hence, his claim of being a Christian, is in serious doubt.

 

But Joseph Prince,

 

who said the greatest commandment is under law

 

and, therefore, no longer applicable

 

to the New Covenant,

 

is effectively making Jesus a liar! 

 

In ‘Born of God,’

 

Martyn Lloyd-Jones said:

 

“Listen to the sixth verse of that same chapter:

 

‘But now we are delivered from the law,

 

that being dead wherein we were held;

 

that we should serve in newness of spirit,

 

and not in the oldness of the letter.’

 

So, we still keep the law

 

but we keep it in a new way.

 

We were trying after the letter,

 

we are now doing it in the spirit.

 

Or take Romans 14:17:

 

‘For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink;

 

but righteousness, and peace,

 

and joy in the Holy Ghost.’

 

Or again, ‘Now the Lord is that Spirit:

 

and where the Spirit of the Lord is,

 

there is liberty’ (2 Cor. 3:17)

 

– and that is written in the context of the law.

 

We have liberty.

 

We are not striving hopelessly to keep the letter;

 

we are keeping the law with liberty,

 

with abandon and with joy.

 

So listen to the way in which it is put by John

 

in a most astonishing statement in his first epistle.

 

Again, this is written to believers:

 

‘For this is the love of God,

 

that we keep his commandments:

 

and his commandments

 

are not grievous’ (1 John 5:3).

 

The difference between

 

non-Christians and Christians is this:

 

here are non-Christians really hating the law of God.

 

They try to keep it and fail,

 

and they find it a terrible burden;

 

it is ‘grievous’.

 

What of Christians?

 

Well, to Christians,

 

his commandments are not grievous.

 

Christians love the law of God.

 

They want to keep it;

 

they are given power to keep it.

 

(George Ong’s interjection:

 

I cannot help but to conclude

 

that by the description of Martyn Lloyd-Jones,

 

Joseph Prince is a non-Christian.)

 

… ‘His commandments are not grievous.’

 

Christ has sent his Spirit into us,

 

the Spirit that was in him is in us,

 

and therefore, we must

 

‘reckon ourselves to be dead indeed unto sin,

 

and alive unto God, through our Lord Jesus Christ’.

 

We must ‘walk in newness of life’,

 

as risen from the dead.

 

We are put into a position in which now,

 

by the power of grace,

 

we are enabled to live and to practise the law of God,

 

to be what man was intended to be

 

in his original creation.

 

Let us never forget these three principles:

 

‘Christ is the end of the law for righteousness,

 

to every one that believeth.’

 

He therefore delivers us from being under the law,

 

and makes us dead to the law

 

in the sense of trying to keep it

 

in order that we may be righteous and justify ourselves.

 

He delivers us from its condemnation.

 

But, thank God, through the new birth

 

and the indwelling Spirit,

 

he enables us to keep the law ourselves and to honour it:

 

‘That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us,

 

who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit’ (Rom. 8:4).

 

Never think of salvation

 

except fundamentally in terms of law.

 

But then have your right distinctions

 

and you will avoid the twin errors

 

– justification by works,

 

and antinomianism,

 

which brings the grace of God into greater disrepute

 

than perhaps anything else.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Martyn Lloyd-Jones said

 

the Holy Spirit

 

would empower us to keep the law.

 

But Joseph Prince,

 

who said the greatest commandment is under law

 

and, therefore, no longer applicable

 

to the New Covenant,

 

is effectively making Jesus a liar! 

 

In ‘Born of God,’

 

Martyn Lloyd-Jones said:

 

“‘I will put my laws into their mind,

 

and write them in their hearts (Heb. 8:9–10).’

 

That is a description of Christianity.

 

Christianity does not do away with law

 

– and you see why I have been contending for that all along?

 

The Christian does not say,

 

‘I’ve nothing to do with law,

 

I’m a Christian now.’

 

No, what Christianity,

 

what the grace of God, does

 

is put the law of God into your mind

 

and into your heart.

 

This is the difference.

 

The law is now within us

 

and not without us.

 

The law given through Moses was on ‘tables of stone’.

 

It is no longer there;

 

it is inside us.

 

So Paul, in writing to the Corinthians,

 

can put it like this:

 

Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:

 

forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink,

 

but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart (2 Cor. 3:2–3).

 

It is exactly the same truth.

 

The law of Moses was outside us,

 

written on stone.

 

There it was, thundering at us

 

and saying,

 

‘This do, and thou shalt live’ (Luke 10:28).

 

But it is now inside me.

 

That is the difference between grace and law.

 

And what a wonderful difference this makes.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Martyn Lloyd-Jones said

 

Christianity is not about doing away with the law

 

but about keeping it.

 

We can keep the law

 

because it is now written on the inside of us

 

on our hearts and minds.

 

But Joseph Prince,

 

who said the greatest commandment is under law

 

and, therefore, no longer applicable

 

to the New Covenant,

 

is effectively making Jesus a liar! 

 

In ‘Studies in the Sermon on the Mount,’

 

Martyn Lloyd-Jones said:

 

“Certain things always characterize the Christian,

 

and these are certainly

 

the three most important principles.

 

The Christian is a man who of necessity

 

must be concerned about keeping God’s law.

 

I mentioned in chapter one

 

the fatal tendency to put up law and grace

 

as antitheses in the wrong sense.

 

We are not `under the law’

 

but we are still meant to keep it;

 

the ‘righteousness of the law’

 

is meant to be ‘fulfilled in us’,

 

says the apostle Paul in writing to the Romans.

 

Christ coming `in the likeness of sinful flesh, …

 

condemned sin in the flesh’.

 

Well; why?

 

‘That the righteousness of the law

 

might be fulfilled in us,

 

who walk not after the flesh,

 

but after the Spirit’ (Rom. viii. 3, 4).

 

So, the Christian is a man

 

who is always concerned about

 

living and keeping the law of God.”

 

George Ong’s comments;

 

Martyn Lloyd-Jones said

 

keeping the law

 

represents one key characteristic of being a Christian.

 

A Christian has to be concerned

 

about keeping the laws of God.

 

This shows that Joseph Prince

 

who teaches against the law of God

 

isn’t a Christian in the first place.

 

But Joseph Prince,

 

who said the greatest commandment is under law

 

and, therefore, no longer applicable

 

to the New Covenant,

 

is effectively making Jesus a liar! 

 

In ‘Sermon on the Mount by Arthur W. Pink,’

 

Arthur Pink wrote:

 

“Law, Matt 5:17-20

 

First, Christ plainly and emphatically declared

 

He had not come to destroy the Law or the prophets,

 

but to “fulfill” them (v. 17):

 

… Second, He solemnly affirmed the perpetuity

 

and immutability of the Law (v. 18),

 

asserting that not the smallest part thereof

 

could pass away till all was fulfilled.

 

Third, He insisted that His own servants

 

must maintain the integrity of the Law,

 

both by practice and by preaching (v. 19),

 

otherwise, they would not receive His approval.

 

Fourth, so far was He from being antagonistic to Moses,

 

He demanded of His subjects a righteousness

 

which surpassed that of the scribes and Pharisees.

 

Hereafter there was not the slightest occasion

 

for any of His hearers to have any doubt

 

of Christ’s attitude toward the Law of God.”

 

George Ong’s comments;

 

Arthur Pink said

 

that the law which has not been abolished

 

are to be kept by New Covenant believers.

 

But Joseph Prince,

 

who said the greatest commandment is under law

 

and, therefore, no longer applicable

 

to the New Covenant,

 

is effectively making Jesus a liar! 

 

In ‘Studies in the Scriptures, Annual Volume 1949

 

Arthur Pink wrote:

 

“Christ did not keep the Law for His people

 

in order that they might be freed

 

from its holy requirements,

 

but to honour God therein

 

and leave them an example

 

that they should follow His steps.

 

In order thereto,

 

He has not only brought them

 

under the deepest possible obligations of gratitude unto Himself,

 

bidding them to express their love unto Him

 

by keeping His commandments,

 

but has also procured for them

 

the priceless gift of the Holy Spirit,

 

who puts His laws into their hearts

 

and writes them upon their minds (Heb 10:16):

 

that is, implanting a love for them,

 

and impressing them with their importance,

 

authority, and spirituality.

 

And therefore, it is that the truly regenerate

 

delight in the Law of God after the inward man,

 

and with their minds, serve the same (Rom 7:22, 25).”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Arthur Pink said

 

only the truly generate

 

would delight in God’s laws and keep them.

 

This proves that Joseph Prince

 

who preaches against the keeping of God’s laws

 

is an unregenerate man.

 

Furthermore, Joseph Prince,

 

who said the greatest commandment is under law

 

and, therefore, no longer applicable

 

to the New Covenant,

 

is effectively making Jesus a liar! 

 

In ‘Sermon on the Mount by Arthur W. Pink,’

 

Arthur Pink wrote:

 

“The ceremonial law has not been destroyed by Christ,

 

but the substance now fills the place of its shadows.

 

Nor has the judicial law been destroyed:

 

though it has been abrogated unto us

 

in so far as it was peculiar to the Jews,

 

yet, as it agrees with the requirements

 

of civic justice and mercy,

 

and as it serves to establish the precepts of the moral law,

 

it is perpetual-herein

 

… While the moral law remains for ever

 

as a rule of obedience to every child of God,

 

as we have shown so often in these pages.

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Arthur Pink said

 

the moral law as a rule of obedience

 

for every believer

 

is perpetual and remains forever.

 

But Joseph Prince,

 

who said the greatest commandment is under law

 

and, therefore, no longer applicable

 

to the New Covenant,

 

is effectively making Jesus a liar! 

 

In ‘Sermon on the Mount by Arthur W. Pink,’

 

Arthur Pink wrote:

 

“Certain it is, my reader,

 

that any preacher who rejects God’s Law,

 

who denies repentance

 

to be a condition of salvation,

 

who assures the giddy and godless

 

that they are loved by God,

 

who declares that saving faith

 

is nothing more than an act of the will

 

which every person has the power to perform,

 

is a false prophet,

 

and should be shunned as a deadly plague.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Arthur Pink said

 

any preacher who rejects God’s laws

 

and the message of repentance for salvation,

 

is a false prophet,

 

and should be shunned as a deadly plague.

 

The sad thing is Joseph Prince

 

who is confirmed to be a false prophet

 

by Arthur Pink

 

as he teaches against God’s laws

 

is adored and hero-worshipped by many.  

 

But Joseph Prince,

 

who said the greatest commandment is under law

 

and, therefore, no longer applicable

 

to the New Covenant,

 

is effectively making Jesus a liar! 

 

‘Commentary on the Gospel of Matthew,’

 

Charles Spurgeon wrote:

 

19. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments,

 

and shall teach men so,

 

he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven:

 

but whosoever shall do and teach them,

 

the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

 

“Our King has not come to abrogate the law,

 

but to confirm and reassert it.

 

His commands are eternal;

 

and if any of the teachers of it

 

should through error break his law,

 

and teach that its least command is nullified,

 

they will lose rank,

 

and subside into the lowest place.

 

The peerage of his kingdom

 

is ordered according to obedience.

 

Not birth, knowledge, or success will make a man great;

 

but humble and precise obedience,

 

both in word and in deed.

 

“Whosoever shall do and teach,”

 

he is the man who

 

“shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”

 

Hence the Lord Jesus does not set up a milder law,

 

nor will he allow any one of his servants to presume to do so.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Charles Spurgeon said

 

King Jesus has not come to abolish the law,

 

but to confirm and reassert it.

 

because His commands are eternal.

 

But Joseph Prince,

 

who said the greatest commandment is under law

 

and, therefore, no longer applicable

 

to the New Covenant,

 

is effectively making Jesus a liar! 

 

In ‘The Gospel of Matthew Vol 1 & 2, An Expositional Commentary.’

 

James Montgomery Boice wrote:

 

“The old covenant was a gracious covenant,

 

but the people had not been able to keep it.

 

In the new covenant,

 

God’s people would be empowered to keep the law,

 

which would be written on their hearts and minds.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

James Montgomery Boice wrote

 

that God’s people under the New Covenant

 

would be empowered to keep the law.

 

But Joseph Prince,

 

who said the greatest commandment is under law

 

and, therefore, no longer applicable

 

to the New Covenant,

 

is effectively making Jesus a liar! 

 

The views of Martyn Lloyd-Jones, Arthur Pink, Charles Spurgeon

 

and James Montgomery Boice

 

are representative of the views

 

of every church Father down through the centuries.

 

It is indeed pitiful that to date,

 

Joseph Prince has still not produced a single Church Father

 

that supports his teaching

that the moral law and the greatest commandment

 

has been abrogated.

 

My Parting Shot to Joseph Prince:

 

“Hey Joe

 

I look at you, ah, I feel sad for you.

 

Where did you get such a Kay Oh (weird) doctrine

 

that greatest commandment, no more great already.

 

Bo Pakay (cannot use) already.

 

You get this from where?

 

A dream, is it?

 

I think you are getting old Lah, so many dreams.

 

Old men shall dream dreams.

 

Or you have a vision, is it?

 

I think you see too much television,

 

that’s why you start to see visions?

 

Hey Joe, I pity you, you know.

 

You don’t even have a church father

 

that support your no-greatest commandment teaching

 

You don’t even have

 

one Singapore Pastor or Singapore church

 

that are together, hold hands with you on this doctrine.

 

I think you fated to be a Lone Ranger, already Lah.

 

Learn from me, Leh.

 

How many Church Fathers have I produced

 

to support my doctrine against you.

 

This article, 4 more, you know.

 

But the most serious thing about your doctrine

 

is that you make Jesus a liar.

 

Very serious!

 

Better repent!

 

If still too proud to repent,

 

Li See Liao Lah. (you are done for)

 

Bo Kui Liao Lah! (No more hope).”

 

Rev George Ong

 

Appendix

 

Verbatim Notes of George Ong’s teaching session:

 

“So, Antinomianism is the thing that the Church Fathers

 

have not taught like what Joseph Prince teaches

 

that the law is no longer applicable.

 

The law is applicable, even today.

 

First of all, Jesus’ teaching on the law, Matthew 5:17-20.

 

Jesus clearly teaches that the law

 

has not been abolished, and is here to stay.

 

Joseph Prince adds his ideas into the text

 

to twist it so to make it mean

 

that the law has been abolished.   

 

Matthew 5:17 NIV

 

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets;

 

I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

 

So, twice Jesus said I have not come to abolish the law, twice.

 

How could Joseph Prince miss that?

 

When Joseph Prince said

 

Jesus came to fulfil all the requirements of the law

 

on our behalf,

 

what he actually means is this

 

– that Jesus has done it for us.

 

And because Jesus has done it for us,

 

we don’t have to obey the law.

 

That’s what he means.

 

That’s where he’s wrong.

 

As I say again, on our behalf means Jesus did it all for us.

 

It is not true.

 

Jesus fulfilled the law,

 

but we have to also obey the law,

 

which I’ll prove to you.   

 

For anyone reading Matthew 5:17-20,

 

one would be clear that first,

 

the law has not been abolished or made obsolete, verse 17,

 

second the law is also going to be with us for a long time to come

 

until heaven and earth passed away, verse 18,

 

and third, the law is to be practiced or obeyed

 

by every New Covenant believer, verses 19-20,

 

which we’ll going to come to it right now.   

 

Unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees

 

and the teachers of the law,

 

you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

 

Let’s discuss.

 

What do you mean your righteousness?

 

I thought it’s only the righteousness of God in Christ,

 

that we can have salvation.

 

But here Jesus is saying

 

unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees,

 

if not, you cannot enter God’s kingdom.

 

How do we work out?

 

I don’t think so.

 

I think this is sanctification again.

 

Okay, later I’ll show you another version.

 

That’s why I’m saying that many of us,

 

including many Pastors are affected by Antinomianism,

 

where we think that the sinners’ prayer will do the job.

 

Because why sinners’ prayer will do the job,

 

this principle that justification-only salvation.

 

There is also the sanctification.

 

I’m going to unveil to you more and more verses.

 

This is another sanctification.

 

In other words, Jesus is saying

 

that unless your sanctification surpasses that of the Pharisees.

 

Now, another question, are the Pharisees lawkeepers?

 

Sorry, all of you are wrong.

 

Okay, check it out, you don’t have to take my view.

 

The Pharisees are not lawkeepers.

 

That’s why, another misunderstanding.

 

No, the Pharisees I’ll prove to you they were lawbreakers.

 

They were not lawkeepers.

 

So very important for you to understand that.

 

That’s why Joseph Prince can deceive many people

 

because if we aren’t sure,

 

those people would definitely be deceived.

 

We can also be deceived, mah.  

 

Joseph Prince himself promoted the idea

 

that Pharisees were lawkeepers.

 

So he said,

 

“You think what if the Pharisees were lawkeepers

 

you got no chance, men.

 

Wah, unless your righteousness surpassed that of the Pharisees.

 

Wah, the Pharisees kept so many commandments,

 

where you got chance.”

 

That’s the wrong interpretation

 

because the Pharisees were not lawkeepers,

 

they were lawbreakers.

 

I will prove to you.

 

What were they keeping?

 

They were keeping their oral traditions

 

rather than the law. Okay.

 

So, that’s so important.

 

I’m glad that you are here.

 

Okay, Ah, he’s going to play some magic tricks here.

 

Let’s interpret in the context of grace.

 

He has done it many times.

 

He’s going to twist it

 

because Joseph Prince’s teaching is justification-only salvation, right.

 

So when he sees this, sanctification marker, text,

 

he cannot take it, he has to twist it to justification.

 

Let’s interpret in the context of grace.

 

Now you tell me is the grace mention here?

 

He’s going to use grace to twist this verse.

 

Watch it, now.   

 

He is twisting already.

 

Now, he’s comparing Jesus’ righteousness

 

and other people righteousness.

 

But what did the text say?

 

What did the text say?

 

The text is a comparison of whose righteousness?

 

Our righteousness and the righteousness of the Pharisees.

 

Ah, play the game with me.

 

Make you keep awake.

 

Not treating you as children, Hor.

 

Play the game with me; you just repeat.

 

So Jesus is saying here is a comparison

 

between our righteousness

 

and the righteousness of the Pharisees.

 

But he twisted already.

 

He, Jesus, was saying, you see,

 

he twisted the words of Jesus.

 

A true teacher of the word of God

 

will not dare to twist.

 

You twist once, twice,

 

you realized, you Chua (scared), you scared, you know,

 

this is the word of God.

 

This guy he just does it with reckless abandon.

 

Plenty of times.

 

That’s why I have to conclude that he is a false teacher.

 

He said Jesus was saying.

 

Where got Jesus?

 

The only way to enter heaven.

 

Now, this is what?

 

Jesus is saying,

 

“You cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.”

 

But he twisted to

 

“The only way to enter heaven,

 

you see.

 

The stress of Jesus is you must have this,

 

if not, you cannot enter.

 

He (Joseph Prince) says you must have that so that you can enter.

 

So, his comparison

 

is a comparison of Christ’s righteousness

 

and all other righteousness

 

because he’s going to twist it.

 

Of course, we understand.

 

We must have the righteousness of God in Christ.

 

That is taught in other passages of the Bible.

 

But this passage isn’t teaching on that.

 

But he would twist it.

 

This teaching, this passage is talking about sanctification.

 

That’s why people only biased against sanctification

 

and just for justification.

 

We need both          

 

Ah he twists it again.

 

He said it’s a comparison between Christ’s righteousness

 

and the righteousness of the Pharisees

 

when the text is not a comparison of these two.

 

The text is a comparison of our righteousness

 

and the righteousness of the Pharisees.

 

You got (to know) how he twist again.

 

You see he’s going to twist it the third time now.

 

“And guess what? His righteousness is a gift

 

to be freely received. It is yours today!”

 

You see what he said is correct.

 

That’s why people are deceived, Mah.

 

What he said is correct, absolutely, in other contexts.

 

But in this context, it’s incorrect. Twist.

 

You see how people are deceived.

 

Correct, Mah.

 

But it’s absolutely wrong in context.

 

He (Joseph Prince) twisted the words of Jesus.

 

Then he said,

 

“His righteousness is a gift to be freely received.

 

It is yours today.”

 

Correct, in other contexts.

 

But absolutely wrong, in this context because Jesus said

 

“Unless your righteousness

 

surpasses that of the Pharisees,

 

we will not enter…”

 

This is very serious, you know.

 

This is very serious and yet people can take it likely.

 

There’s another translation.

 

Here it says, you must obey God’s command and laws

 

better than the Pharisees

 

because they were lawbreakers.

 

If you don’t, I promised you,

 

you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. 

 

And yet, Joseph Prince can say

 

there’s no law to obey.

 

So, he’s leading people to hell, right.

 

Because people say no law,

 

they don’t obey the law.

 

Here it says you must obey the law

 

better than Pharisees

 

or else you cannot enter God’s kingdom.

 

Is it serious?

 

That’s why he’s leading people to hell.

 

There are plenty of his teachings that leads people to hell.

 

That’s why, this is one of the main motivations I have to speak up.

 

I cannot keep quiet.

 

Why should I keep quiet?

 

You know, I tell you what I’m behaving is normal.

 

I give you an example.

 

You see somebody leading a trail of people

 

to the precipice of destruction

 

over the mountain, over the cliff.

 

Let’s say I’m there seeing all these people led by somebody

 

over the mountain cliff, do I tell him,

 

“Hey, Joseph, ah, come, ah, let’s have a quiet talk.

 

Let’s have a diplomatic talk,

 

come, let’s speak to you.”

 

That’s abnormal behaviour.

 

Normal behaviour shout,

 

“Hey, hey, don’t follow him,

 

you’re going to die. Hoey, Joseph.”

 

You see, that’s what I’m doing.

 

Of course, I have to shout

 

because he’s leading many people,

 

so many years, plenty of people to hell,

 

I keep quiet.

 

So when I shout,

 

people say,

 

hey that’s abnormal.

 

You must talk to him nicely.

 

Joseph Prince is not preaching false doctrine

 

for 1, 2 years my friends, 25 years.

 

And yet, many people in the church

 

would not dare to speak up, pastors and leaders.

 

Something is seriously wrong.

 

I cannot take it anymore.

 

It’s one text that leads people to hell.     

 

Ah verse 19,

 

19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly

 

will be called least in the kingdom of heaven,

 

but whoever practices and teaches these commands

 

will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

 

So, your attitude towards the law,

 

whether you obey or disobey

 

will determine your status in God’s kingdom.

 

Whether you are least or the greatest. Serious.

 

But the more serious is.

 

More serious is, of course, verse 20.

 

If you don’t you, cannot enter God’s kingdom.

 

Your destiny will be totally ruined.

 

This is said by who? Jesus.

 

So never fool around with the words of Jesus.

 

He (Joseph Prince) totally twisted the words of Jesus in his own way.” 

×
×

Basket