Ex New Creation Church member Joyce Liew shares her Testimony about her 14-Year Journey (2005-2019) with New Creation Church and under Joseph Prince’s teachings (Dated 8 Dec 2023)

 

Announcement:

 

Don’t miss George Ong’s comments

 

with insightful quotes from men of God

 

at the end of Joyce Liew’s Testimony.

 

Excerpt No 1 from the Article:

 

As a matter of fact, most of these testimonies that are shared over the pulpit

 

are regarding people who have been so-called healed of this or that pain or being delivered from this or that addiction.

 

BUT THERE IS HARDLY ANY TESTIMONY THAT I HEAR ABOUT ANYONE WHO BECAME VERY WEALTHY

 

BECAUSE THEY BELIEVED IN JOSEPH PRINCE’S TEACHING

 

THAT EVERY NEW COVENANT BELIEVER OUGHT TO BE VERY RICH AS ABRAHAM WAS.

 

You must remember that I view and listen to Joseph Prince’s sermons every Sunday.

 

So, Joseph Prince cannot fool me.

 

Let me put it in a straightforward manner

 

– the Prosperity Gospel doctrine of Joseph Prince

 

that every New Covenant believer is to be very rich as Abraham was,

 

is not only totally out of sync with scripture,

 

but also a SCAM that millions have fallen into.

 

Joyce Liew is just one of the many who found this out when she said:

 

“I am talking about … longing for much more wealth.”

 

“But when I didn’t get what I asked, I would be so disappointed,

 

thinking that God had lied to me and had not kept His promises.

I was very tired with this “Claimed it in Jesus’ name” journey because I ended up mostly with disappointment.”

 

Excerpt No 2 from the Article:

 

Let me quote what Leonard Ravenhill, a prophetic voice in his generation, wrote:

 

“The prophet is violated during his ministry,

 

but he is vindicated by history.

 

He is the villain of today

 

and the hero of tomorrow.

 

He is excommunicated while alive

 

and exalted when dead!

 

He is dishonored with epithets when breathing

 

and honored with epitaphs when dead.

 

He is friendless while living

 

and famous when dead.

 

He is against the establishment in ministry;

 

then he is established as a saint by posterity.”

 

Let me quote what Dietrich Bonhoeffer, who dared to speak up and, who refused to compromise his convictions for the sake of safety and self-preservation, wrote:

 

“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil.

 

God will not hold us guiltless.

 

Not to speak is to speak.

 

Not to act is to act.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s words have indeed searched us to the depths of our being.

 

So, let us not be weary about speaking against and warning others

 

about this crafty man called Joseph Prince,

 

who hails from our own backyard in Singapore,

 

who is not only a serial liar, a serial double-talker, a serial hypocrite,

 

but worst of all, he is also an unrepentant heretic,

 

whose heresies are leading droves of people to the lake of fire.

 

(This article was also sent to Rev Dr Ngoei Foong Nghian, General Secretary, National Council of Churches of Singapore (NCCS) office, and for the attention of the Executive Committee Members.)

 

Please click here

 

to view the entire video.

 

Rev George Ong’s Opening Comments:

 

I thank Joyce Liew for her courage in sharing her testimony.

 

May many more Ex New Creation Church members take a leaf from her example to come out of their comfort zone and share their stories

 

so that more people could be delivered from the bondage of Joseph Prince’s heresies.

 

Let me quote what William Barclay wrote:

 

“The Christian does not fear the consequences of doing the right thing;

 

he fears the consequences of not doing it.”

 

It takes courage for every Ex New Creation Church member, including Joyce Liew, to write their testimonies.

 

This is no different for me when I decided to take on the herculean task of contending against the heretical teachings of Joseph Prince.

 

But as William Barclay rightly wrote:

 

“The Christian does not fear the consequences of doing the right thing;

 

he fears the consequences of not doing it.”

 

Indeed, Christians shouldn’t

 

“fear the consequences of doing the right thing.”

 

What we ought to fear

 

is “the consequences of not doing it.”

 

Indeed, the consequences of we not doing it

 

– not warning people about Joseph Prince’s heresies,

 

would lead to those who are deceived

 

to end up in eternal destruction.

 

Friends, this is not just a matter of life and death,

 

but more soberly,

 

this is a momentous issue of heaven and hell.

 

If we flinch from our responsibilities

 

to warn people of Joseph Prince’s heretical teachings and false gospel

 

which doesn’t save,

 

the blood of the people will be on our hands.

 

Joyce Liew’s Testimony about her 14-Year Journey (2005-2019) with New Creation Church and under Joseph Prince’s teachings

 

My family and I came to know New Creation Church (NCC) in 2005 through a friend who was attending the church at The Rock Auditorium, Suntec City Mall.

 

I began to meet new friends and also served in the Holy Communion ministry. I felt blessed to be able to get together whenever there was any celebration. It was like a big kingdom family for us.

 

When NCC finally has its own premise at The Star Performing Arts Centre, The Star Vista in 2013, we were so proud and happy as that was the moment we were waiting for. Finally, we had our own building where we belonged.

 

We attended the Care Group regularly, and as core members of the Care Group, we also assisted our Care Group leader to welcome new comers, do praise and worship session, and also facilitate Care Group discussion.

 

My husband also served in the connect point at Marina Bay Sands (MBS) and sometimes at The Star Vista.

 

Every year, we looked forward to Pastor Joseph Prince to declare The Theme of The Year and also for us to make our 3 prayer requests.

 

Throughout the years, we really enjoyed being in NCC, meeting up in Care Group, attending church camps, and occasionally joining the mid-week service.

Going to church every Sunday is what we look forward to because we are so hungry for The Word.

 

Everything was well with me within the church.

 

But there’s another side of my life that was totally different once I was not in church.

 

I am talking about my struggles with idols, worshiping,

 

and longing for much more wealth.

 

We did what Pastor Joseph Prince told us to keep on listening to his CDs and read his published books.

 

I followed his teaching that we are to claim and believe by faith what I longed for.

I didn’t realise I was a totally different person at home compared to when I was at church.

 

While I put up my best foot forward in front of my church friends, at home,

 

I was constantly depressed and very short-tempered, not only towards my loved ones but also to the public.

 

I believe Jesus loves me, and He is so pleased with me.

 

Therefore, He will never be angry with me even when I sin because “I am The Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus!”

 

Well, that’s what Joseph Prince taught us.

 

I have the character of self-entitlement whenever I am with my extended family members, expecting to be prioritised when I have a request.

 

I was so proud to show off what NCC has to offer, such as during Christmas, Children’s Day, Chinese New Year, National Day and every highlight of the church.

 

I believed that was the evidence to prove “blessings for the Christians”. 

 

I will be very sarcastic to my non-believing family members, saying it’s to their lost if they don’t receive Christ, because “See, I have so much to enjoy those events that NCC organise.”

 

My mouth will constantly mention:

 

“Pastor Joseph Prince said this, and Pastor Joseph Prince said that.”

 

And if anyone didn’t agree with Pastor Joseph Prince, I would mock them in my heart and stay away from them.

 

I thought to myself that these people who disagree with Joseph Prince would surely regret it.

 

They have missed out on God’s blessings as he is such an anointed Pastor in NCC, Singapore.

 

I kept thanking God for bringing us to NCC, and I never knew Jesus so loved me,

 

and He will never ever be angry with me.

 

I felt so loved, so special in the sight of God.

 

Therefore, whatever I ask, believing, He would give it to me.

 

I was so happy if my request was granted.

 

But when I didn’t get what I asked, I would be so disappointed,

 

thinking that God had lied to me and had not kept His promises.

This cycle of ups and downs has been going on for years until 2018.

 

I began to ask God many questions: why am I so unhappy?

 

Many things that I wished for didn’t turn out the way I wanted them.

 

I felt that God favoured others more than me because I was less prominent than those

 

who were wealthier and with much influence.

I was very tired with this “Claimed it in Jesus’ name” journey because I ended up mostly with disappointment.

Then God showed me in the scriptures in James 4:1-3:

James 4:1-3 NLT

1 What is causing the quarrels and fights among you? Don’t they come from the evil desires at war within you? 2 You want what you don’t have, so you scheme and kill to get it. You are jealous of what others have, but you can’t get it, so you fight and wage war to take it away from them. Yet you don’t have what you want because you don’t ask God for it. 3 And even when you ask, you don’t get it because your motives are all wrong – you want only what will give you pleasure.


When COVID-19 hit Singapore in 2020, circuit breakers started, and everyone stayed home, studied, and worked from home.

 

That’s when I began to open up my Bible and read it for myself.

 

I meant I really read them from Genesis to Revelation.

 

I also listened to the Bible audio.

 

I kept hearing and hearing The Word of God.

 

There were many moments of “shock!” 

 

I didn’t know there were so many things God has spoken that I wasn’t aware of! 

 

Because I was influenced by Joseph Prince’s teaching,

 

I was gleaning only on the most favourable chapters and verses of the Bible and missed out on the rest of it.

 

What woke me up was when I went through the first 5 books: Genesis, Exodus, Numbers, Leviticus & Deuteronomy. 

 

These 5 Books are literally God’s “grace and Truth” for us!

Since then, I couldn’t stop hearing and hearing The Word through audio Bible together with the opened Bible so that I wouldn’t miss out on anything.

 

I realised my sins against God, and I cried out to the Lord in repentance because I have not walked in the counsel of God, breaking His Covenant and His heart.

 

I was such a wicked sinner!

 

I came to worship God with the wrong motive.

 

I came for what He could offer me

 

(the materialism of this world),

 

but I don’t want to know Him through His Word.

 

Only when things go wrong will I pray to Him, asking for help and protection, but my heart was not for God.

 

I was disappointed with Joseph Prince because he hasn’t been teaching The Bible truthfully

 

and has caused many of us to keep falling back into sin.

 

I admitted that it was also my own fault that I didn’t read The Bible for myself.

 

If I had, I wouldn’t be deceived in the first place.

 

I was such a fool and a spiritual adulterer towards The Almighty God.

 

I have sinned against The Almighty God by returning to my sinful ways to please my sinful lust (flesh) and has totally rejected Christ.

 

I had committed the sin of idolatry:

 

Colossians 3:5 NIV

5 Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.

 

Now, I finally understand what it means when one rejects Christ.

 

It is not just refusing to believe and accept Jesus as personal Saviour, but one can be called a Christian and yet still reject and disobey God’s Word.

 

I am very grateful to God for being so patient with me throughout these years of my rebellion towards Him,

 

or else I would not have known Him

 

and died without salvation,

 

and I will forever perish in hell.

 

This is why I choose to write this testimony:

 

to warn those who are now being deceived,

 

and implore them to read the Bible for themselves, which is the Word of God to find out the Truth.

 

This testimony is not for everyone.

 

It is only for those willing to humble themselves, and open up The Bible and study it just like the Bereans in Acts.

 

If any pastor or leader is offended, knowing their members are studying and checking the details of what they have been taught, then they need to ask themselves “Why am I offended?”

Was it because of “insecurity” or fear of being “exposed”?

 

If it is none of the above, then good, praise the Lord. Do keep preaching and teaching, then. In the end, we all shall give an account to God face to face. Each of us will have to answer to God. If our conscience is clear towards God, then there shall be no fear or feeling of being offended.

 

I can choose to move on with my life without writing this testimony.

 

But after what I’ve read from the Book of Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, and the rest of the Books of prophets,

 

knowing the consequences of not turning back to God with repentance,

 

I need to sound the alarm!


Ezekiel 3:16-21 BSB

16 At the end of seven days the word of the LORD came to me, saying,

 

17 “Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel. Whenever you hear a word from My mouth, give them a warning from Me.

 

18 If I say to the wicked man, ‘You will surely die,’ but you do not warn him or speak out to warn him from his wicked way to save his life, that wicked man will die in his iniquity, and I will hold you responsible for his blood.

 

19 But if you warn a wicked man and he does not turn from his wickedness and his wicked way, he will die in his iniquity, but you will have saved yourself.

 

20 Now if a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and I put a stumbling block before him, he will die. If you did not warn him, he will die in his sin, and the righteous acts he did will not be remembered. And I will hold you responsible for his blood.

 

21 But if you warn the righteous man not to sin, and he does not sin, he will indeed live because he heeded your warning, and you will have saved yourself.”


Well, I know this is in the Old Testament; therefore as usual, we were taught in NCC to know which Books and chapters are meant for the Jews and which are for the Church.

 

I was blinded to think that that’s true until I read it for myself that God is the same yesterday, today and forever!

 

Every New Testament Book has quotations from the Old Testament.

 

We were taught God is not done with the Jews yet.

 

Patiently waiting for them to eventually come to accept Christ during the Tribulations, not knowing that we, the Gentile

believers, are just the same as them, that we need to repent and return to God as we also have turned away from God.

 

We have worshipped idols, doing unbalanced scales in our businesses, with curses, unforgiveness, jealousy in our hearts, sowing discords, sexual immortality, and all kinds of sins that have not been repented and changed.

My health was also affected by my sinful lifestyle.

 

I experienced pain on both of my feet until I couldn’t walk properly.

 

I knew God was punishing me because I had sinned against him.

 

I repented and turned from my wickedness.

 

The Lord restored health back unto me!

 

I could now walk, run and exercise as before:

 

Psalm 32:3-5 NLT

3 When I refused to confess my sin, my body wasted away, and I groaned all day long. 4 Day and night your hand of discipline was heavy on me.  My strength evaporated like water in the summer heat. 5 Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt. I said to myself, “I will confess my rebellion to the Lord.” And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone.

 

If we read The Bible carefully, we will read whenever there’s disaster or plague that happened to God’s people, God Himself would say: “Then they will know that I am The Lord!”

This means God Himself did it so His people would recognise their wickedness and repent of their sins.

 

Then, God will forgive them and heal them.

You may open up The Bible and read it, hear it, again and again.

 

Don’t stop reading or hear from the audio Bible for yourself.

I am sounding the alarm now!

To warn ALL (including the godly) that the judgement is coming!

 

We need to wake up from our slumbers and recognise the Time of Tribulation is near, and we need to Repent Now before it is too late!

 

Psalm 32:6-7 NLT

6 Therefore, let all the godly pray to you while there is still time, that they may not drown in the floodwaters of judgment. 7 For you are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory.

 

We (The Jews and believing Gentiles) will go through The Tribulation together in order to allow God to use us to glorify Him. (It is written in Revelation)

 

Ask ourselves, if we think believers will not go through The Tribulation but to be Raptured out to escape The Tribulation, well, good then.

 

If that is true, All the warnings in the Scriptures will be done in vain.

 

BUT WHAT IF WE ARE WRONG about God that indeed we all need to go through the Tribulation,

 

then those who are not prepared will have everything to lose!

 

The Millennial Reign:

 

Revelation 20:4-6 AMP

4 And then I saw thrones, and sitting on them were those to whom judgment [that is, the authority to act as judges] was given. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had refused to worship the beast or his image, and had not accepted his mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 The rest of the dead [the non-believers] did not come to life again until the thousand years were completed. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed (happy, prosperous, to be admired) and holy is the person who takes part in the first resurrection; over these the second death [which is eternal separation from God, the lake of fire] has no power or authority, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and they will reign with Him a thousand years.

 

Now I understand why Jesus and the apostle has warned us not to be deceived by the false teachers telling us all is well

 

and believers will surely be Raptured before The Tribulation.

 

This is indeed the biggest lie the devil is using

 

in order to allow believers not to be prepared at all for what is coming!

 

Woe To Foolish Prophets:

 

Ezekiel 13:1-14 NKJV

And the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 2 “Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel who prophesy, and say to those who prophesy out of their own heart, ‘Hear the word of the Lord!’” 3 Thus says the Lord God: “Woe to the foolish prophets, who follow their own spirit and have seen nothing! 4 O Israel, your prophets are like foxes in the deserts. 5 You have not gone up into the gaps to build a wall for the house of Israel to stand in battle on the day of the Lord. 6 They have envisioned futility and false divination, saying, ‘Thus says the Lord!’ But the Lord has not sent them; yet they hope that the word may be confirmed. 7 Have you not seen a futile vision, and have you not spoken false divination? You say, ‘The Lord says,’ but I have not spoken.” 8 Therefore thus says the Lord God: “Because you have spoken nonsense and envisioned lies, therefore I am indeed against you,” says the Lord God. 9 “My hand will be against the prophets who envision futility and who divine lies; they shall not be in the assembly of My people, nor be written in the record of the house of Israel, nor shall they enter into the land of Israel. Then you shall know that I am the Lord God. 10 “Because, indeed, because they have seduced My people, saying, ‘Peace!’ when there is no peace—and one builds a wall, and they plaster it with untempered mortar11 say to those who plaster it with untempered mortar, that it will fall. There will be flooding rain, and you, O great hailstones, shall fall; and a stormy wind shall tear it down. 12 Surely, when the wall has fallen, will it not be said to you, ‘Where is the mortar with which you plastered it?’” 13 Therefore thus says the Lord God: “I will cause a stormy wind to break forth in My fury; and there shall be a flooding rain in My anger, and great hailstones in fury to consume it. 14 So I will break down the wall you have plastered with untempered mortar, and bring it down to the ground, so that its foundation will be uncovered; it will fall, and you shall be consumed in the midst of it. Then you shall know that I am the Lord.

 

I want to thank Rev George Ong for standing up to warn the lost sheep of God.

 

Please do not be offended if you think you are not the lost sheep.

 

If so, please continue to stay under any preacher who preaches what you enjoy to hear and claim it in Jesus’ Name.


But those who are Jesus’s sheep, will seek His voice and hear Him:

 

John 10:25-27 NKJV

25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me. 26 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, [a]as I said to you. 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

 

We have forgiven Joseph Prince.

 

We will keep praying for him to humble himself before God

 

and repent from his heretical and erroneous teachings to NCC and to the churches and Christians around the world.

 

Also, to Joseph Prince’s pastors and leaders, that they will be bold to stand up for the truths.

 

We know some pastors and leaders had left NCC, yet the church did not want the congregation to know what happened.

 

Well, it is a matter of time before the truth shall be made known.


Pastors and leaders of NCC, please have mercy on God’s people.

 

Please do not deceive them for your own interests.

 

Now is the time to Repent and Return to God before The Tribulation comes!


Time to Repent:

 

2 Chronicles 7:13-15 NKJV

13 When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, 14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 15 Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer made in this place.

 

‘Our Father, who is in heaven,

Hallowed be Your name.

Your kingdom come,

Your will be done

On earth as it is in heaven.

And forgive us our debts,

as we have forgiven our debtors [letting go of both the wrong and the resentment].

And do not lead us into temptation,

but deliver us from evil.

[For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.]’

 

Poor in spirit,

 

Joyce Liew

 

 

GEORGE ONG’S COMMENTS:

 

1. Why Joseph Prince Became So Rich

 

Joyce Liew wrote:

 

“We did what Pastor Joseph Prince told us to keep on listening to his CDs and read his published books.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

How does one keep listening to Joseph Prince’s CDs and read his books if one doesn’t purchase them?

 

This is the ingenious marketing strategy of Joseph Prince.

 

Prince indirectly marketed his CDs and books under the cloak of a spiritual reason for wanting his members to grow.

 

Many Ex New Creation Church members have told me they spent thousands of dollars purchasing Joseph Prince’s CDs and books.

 

This also includes the thousands from New Creation Church and millions around the world who are fans of Joseph Prince and who have done the same thing.

 

If one tallies the amount earned by Joseph Prince from the sales of his CDs and books alone, it is humongous.

 

You don’t need a smart Aleck to tell you why Joseph Prince became so rich.

 

As far as I am concerned, whether a speaker markets his CDs and books, and as a result, earns the big bucks, is finally not the real issue.

 

The real issue here is that Joseph Prince is profiting from the millions from what?

 

– From preaching his deadly heresies that could lead the same people he had profited from to hell.

 

This is what is nauseating and ‘unforgivable’.

 

2. Many Lives Weren’t Permanently Changed Under Joseph Prince’s Ministry

 

Joyce Liew wrote:

 

“But there’s another side of my life that was totally different once I was not in church.

 

I am talking about my struggles with idols, worshiping, and longing for much more wealth.”

 

“I didn’t realise I was a totally different person at home compared to when I was at church.

 

While I put up my best foot forward in front of my church friends,

 

at home, I was constantly depressed and very short-tempered, not only towards my loved ones but also to the public.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Joyce Liew’s example is just one of the many

 

whose lives weren’t changed under Joseph Prince’s ministry.

 

Many may seem to experience breakthroughs under his ministry,

 

but there is no real victory, if one were to examine things closely and beneath the surface.

 

The truth is the triumph that one experiences under Joseph Prince’s ministry

 

that makes one feel good is only artificial and temporary.

 

3. Joseph Prince’s Prosperity Gospel Is A SCAM!

 

Joyce Liew wrote:

 

“I am talking about my struggles with idols, worshiping,

 

and longing for much more wealth.”

 

“I followed his teaching that we are to claim and believe by faith what I longed for.”

“I was so happy if my request was granted.

 

But when I didn’t get what I asked, I would be so disappointed,

 

thinking that God had lied to me and had not kept His promises.

This cycle of ups and downs has been going on for years until 2018.

 

I began to ask God many questions: why am I so unhappy?

 

Many things that I wished for didn’t turn out the way I wanted them.

 

I felt that God favoured others more than me because I was less prominent than those

 

who were wealthier and with much influence.

I was very tired with this “Claimed it in Jesus’ name” journey because I ended up mostly with disappointment.”

“I came to worship God with the wrong motive.

 

I came for what He could offer me

 

(the materialism of this world),

 

but I don’t want to know Him through His Word.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Let me quote what RC Sproul wrote in his book, ‘Believing God’:

 

“The craftiness and the economy of the Devil, however, really show up best when this approach to blessing doesn’t “work.”

 

That is, when a person sends his pledge in to the health-and-wealth guru and nothing happens,

 

it is all too likely that he will not blame the guru and his false message

 

but instead, will grow angry with God.

 

He will become bitter because God did not keep a promise

 

that God never actually made.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

This is an indictment against this evil of all Prosperity Gospel preachers, including Joseph Prince

 

– that people who bought into their Prosperity Gospel doctrine but didn’t see the results of their belief,

 

are most likely to blame God and resent Him.

 

Joyce Liew is a perfect example,

 

who thought that God had lied to her

 

when she didn’t receive the wealth that she had asked for.

 

But thank God, she was delivered from this false belief.

 

However, there were many others who were not as fortunate as she,

 

had even left God and abandoned Christianity entirely.  

 

Let me quote what Ajith Fernando wrote in his book, ‘Preaching the Word commentary series, Loving Obedience to a Loving God’:

 

“Our passage is a very sobering one.

 

It reminds us of the dangers of prosperity.

 

Moses will have more to say about this topic beyond this chapter.

 

Deuteronomy 8 addresses the issue with more warnings on the dangers of prosperity.

 

We should take this very seriously, for the danger is real, and God thinks it is important to remind us of it in the Bible.

 

As Haddon Robinson has said,

 

“For every verse in the Bible that tells us the benefits of wealth,

 

there are ten that tell us the danger of wealth.””

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

From the wise advice of Ajith Fernando and Haddon Robinson,

 

let us be warned about the dangers of wealth,

 

and stay away from the Prosperity Gospel teachings of Joseph Prince

 

that could only lead us to destruction.

 

No wonder John Piper has boldly declared that the Prosperity Gospel

 

is an abomination because it is a different gospel, and it destroys lives.

 

Let me quote what Paul Washer said of the Prosperity Gospel:

 

“Some of you need to hear this because sooner or later,

 

they find out the only one getting rich is the preacher.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Though Joseph Prince is a very wealthy guy,

 

the same cannot be said for most of his fans.

 

But Joseph Prince may straightaway mount a counterattack,

 

“George, don’t you know there are many testimonies about people becoming very rich because of my Prosperity Gospel doctrine,

 

and I have them read in my services, and they are featured prominently on my website.”

 

If this is Joseph Prince’s reply,

 

then he has lied again.

 

Before Joseph Prince deceives you,

 

we must put things in perspective.

 

Currently, there are millions around the world,

 

who are influenced by his Pseudo-grace theology.

 

If Prince’s Prosperity Gospel doctrine is so true,

 

then he must produce, at the very least, a 30 percent success rate. 

 

Let’s assume a conservative figure of 1 million fans or followers that Joseph Prince has influenced.

 

That would mean that he must produce at least 300,000 testimonies

 

of those who have become not just rich but very rich, as Abraham was

 

– which Joseph Prince claimed is the covenantal right of every New Covenant believer.

 

This is a reasonable figure to measure success, as, after all,

 

Prince has been preaching his Prosperity Gospel or the Health & Wealth doctrine for the last 30-odd years (appointed Senior Pastor in 1990).

 

Let’s ask Joseph Prince to total up the number of his testimonies of those who became very rich in the last 30 odd years;

 

are there 300,000 people?

 

Not by any stretch!

 

By sharing two or three testimonies every week,

 

Joseph Prince wants to give the false impression that many have become very rich.

 

As a matter of fact, most of these testimonies that are shared over the pulpit

 

are regarding people who have been so-called healed of this or that pain or being delivered from this or that addiction.

 

BUT THERE IS HARDLY ANY TESTIMONY THAT I HEAR ABOUT ANYONE WHO BECAME VERY WEALTHY

 

BECAUSE THEY BELIEVED IN JOSEPH PRINCE’S TEACHING

 

THAT EVERY NEW COVENANT BELIEVER OUGHT TO BE VERY RICH AS ABRAHAM WAS.

 

You must remember that I view and listen to Joseph Prince’s sermons every Sunday.

 

So, Joseph Prince cannot fool me.

 

Let me put it in a straightforward manner

 

– the Prosperity Gospel doctrine of Joseph Prince

 

that every New Covenant believer is to be very rich as Abraham was,

 

is not only totally out of sync with scripture,

 

but also a SCAM that millions have fallen into.

 

Joyce Liew is just one of the many who found this out when she said:

 

“I am talking about … longing for much more wealth.”

 

“But when I didn’t get what I asked, I would be so disappointed,

 

thinking that God had lied to me and had not kept His promises.

I was very tired with this “Claimed it in Jesus’ name” journey because I ended up mostly with disappointment.”

 

4. Joseph Prince is a Cult Leader

 

Joyce Liew wrote:

 

“My mouth will constantly mention:

 

“Pastor Joseph Prince said this, and Pastor Joseph Prince said that.”

 

And if anyone didn’t agree with Pastor Joseph Prince, I would mock them in my heart and stay away from them.

 

I thought to myself that these people who disagree with Joseph Prince would surely regret it.

 

They have missed out on God’s blessings as he is such an anointed Pastor in NCC, Singapore.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Joyce’s previous behaviour when she was with New Creation Church, as encapsulated in the above,

 

is so typical of cult members who go all the way to support their cult leaders because of their undying loyalty to them.

 

And anybody who dares to criticise their cult leaders will bear the brunt of their deep resentment and even open mocking.

 

I have seen this sort of behaviour myself as I have so many personal encounters with the cult members of Joseph Prince (the hate mail in response to my articles and YouTube videos on my website),

 

and I have also heard it told to me over and over again

 

when people were still under Joseph Prince’s heretical bondage.

 

Lindsay Lim, an Ex New Creation Church member for 18 years, is an excellent example.

 

When she was blinded by Joseph Prince’s heresies, she defended Joseph Prince, her cult leader, all the way,

 

until she came to her senses through a major crisis in her life and realised that Joseph Prince is a false prophet.

 

5. Joseph Prince’s Teaching Did Not Keep People From Sin, And In Fact, They Kept Falling Into Sin.

 

Joyce Liew wrote:

 

“I realised my sins against God, and I cried out to the Lord in repentance because I have not walked in the counsel of God, breaking His Covenant and His heart.

 

I was such a wicked sinner!”

 

“I was disappointed with Joseph Prince because he hasn’t been teaching The Bible truthfully

 

and has caused many of us to keep falling back into sin.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Let me quote what Michael Brown wrote in his book, ‘Hyper-Grace, Exposing the Dangers of the Modern Grace Message’:

 

“The real question is this: Does the Holy Spirit convict believers of their sins?

 

… Joseph Prince states:

 

The Holy Spirit never convicts (Christians) of your sins. He never comes to point out your faults… It does not take a revelation from the Holy Spirit to see that you have failed. However, when you know that you’ve failed what you do need is for the Holy Spirit to convict you of your righteousness. (Destined To Reign)

 

But the deeper question is this:

 

Does the Holy Spirit ever speak to us about our sins?

 

Does He ever draw attention to things we have done wrong?

 

Does He ever rebuke us or correct us?

 

Of course, He does. Why?

 

Because He loves us so much!

 

If He didn’t love us,

 

He would stand back and allow sin to damage and destroy us.

 

But because of His boundless love and kindness,

 

He makes us uncomfortable in our sins

 

so that we will turn away from them and turn back to Him.

 

… But since He does see our sins,

 

since sin is so destructive,

 

and since our Father loves us so dearly,

 

the Spirit of God deals with us to help us turn away from our sin.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

As surfaced by Michael Brown,

 

the kind of horrendous teaching by Joseph Prince about sin,

 

would lead to more of Joseph Prince’s followers sinning 

 

Can you now see that Joseph Prince’s doctrine on sin

 

didn’t keep his people from sin,

 

but what is worse is that it caused them to keep falling into sin

 

as testified by Joyce Liew.

 

But the worst of all is that when people do fall into sin,

 

Joseph Prince teaches them that they must not confess their sins

 

but they are to declare that they have the righteousness of God in Christ.

 

Can you see how toxic and destructive Joseph Prince’s teaching on sin is?

 

Besides, it’s heretical as there is not a verse in the Bible that can support Joseph Prince’s teaching

 

that when one has sinned, one is not to confess his sins

 

but he is to confess he is the righteousness of God in Christ.

 

6. Joseph Prince’s Teaching That God Will Never Get Angry With Me Is A Lie

 

Joyce Liew wrote:

 

“… He is so pleased with me.

 

Therefore, He will never be angry with me even when I sin

 

because “I am The Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus!”

 

Well, that’s what Joseph Prince taught us.”

 

“I kept thanking God for bringing us to NCC, and I never knew Jesus so loved me,

 

and He will never ever be angry with me.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Let me quote what Michael Brown wrote in his book, ‘Hyper-Grace, Exposing the Dangers of the Modern Grace Message’:

 

“That’s why the Gospels speak of Jesus being angry, being grieved, being burdened, and weeping.

 

And He is the express image and exact reflection of the Father!

 

In fact, throughout the Bible, God is depicted as being both angry and joyful, both displeased and pleased, both overflowing with wrath and overflowing with love.

 

And that’s why Paul exhorted the Gentile believers in Rome to

 

“note … the kindness and the severity [or, sternness or harshness] of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God’s kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off” (Rom. 11:22).

 

Modern grace teachers (including Joseph Prince) want us to focus almost exclusively on God’s kindness, as if there was no possibility that His severity could ever apply to us.

 

Paul taught otherwise, explaining to the Roman believers that yes, Jewish branches of the olive tree

 

“were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear” (Rom. 11:20).

 

This is a stern warning from the apostle, one of many in his writings.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

I fully agree with Michael Brown that the teaching by Modern Grace teachers, such as Joseph Prince

 

that God will never get angry with believers is patently false.

 

7. Joseph Prince’s Teaching Will Lead You To Hell

 

Joyce Liew wrote:

 

“I am very grateful to God for being so patient with me throughout these years of my rebellion towards Him,

 

or else I would not have known Him

 

and died without salvation,

 

and I will forever perish in hell.

 

This is why I choose to write this testimony:

 

to warn those who are now being deceived,

 

and implore them to read the Bible for themselves, which is the Word of God to find out the Truth.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Joyce Liew acknowledged that in her years with New Creation Church and under Joseph Prince’s ministry,

 

she had not really known God, nor did she possess true salvation,

 

and if she didn’t come out of Joseph Prince’s heretical teachings,

 

she would perish in hell.

 

This is the key reason she wrote this testimony

 

to urgently warn others to seek the truth

 

in order not to be deceived by Joseph Prince’s false teachings.

 

8. The Prophetic Is Usually Unappreciated, Resented, And Even Opposed, But They Will Be Vindicated On The Day Of Reckoning

 

Joyce Liew wrote:

 

“I can choose to move on with my life without writing this testimony.

 

But after what I’ve read from the Book of Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, and the rest of the Books of prophets,

 

knowing the consequences of not turning back to God with repentance,

 

I need to sound the alarm!”

 

“I want to thank Rev George Ong for standing up to warn the lost sheep of God.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Let me quote what Robert Murray M’Cheyne wrote:

 

“Oh! if we had more love to you,

 

we would tell you more about hell.

 

They do not love you

 

who do not warn you,

 

poor hell-deserving sinners.

 

Oh! remember that love warns.”

 

Let me quote what Abraham Joshua Heschel, who wrote about the unsettling role of the prophets in his classic book, ‘The Prophets, the Jewish philosopher’:

 

“The prophet’s word is a scream in the night.

 

While the world is at ease and asleep,

 

the prophet feels the blast from heaven.

 

… The prophet is human,

 

yet he employs notes one octave too high for our ears…

 

Often, his words begin to burn where conscience ends.”

 

Let me quote what Leonard Ravenhill, a prophetic voice in his generation, wrote:

 

“The prophet is violated during his ministry,

 

but he is vindicated by history.

 

He is the villain of today

 

and the hero of tomorrow.

 

He is excommunicated while alive

 

and exalted when dead!

 

He is dishonored with epithets when breathing

 

and honored with epitaphs when dead.

 

He is friendless while living

 

and famous when dead.

 

He is against the establishment in ministry;

 

then he is established as a saint by posterity.”

 

Let me quote what Michael Brown wrote in his book, ‘Jezebel’s War with America’:

 

“THE PROPHETS MUST SPEAK!

 

It was one thing to be silenced during the days of Jezebel.

 

She was literally killing the prophets, and I don’t imagine her henchmen cared about how they went about their bloody business.

 

This was brutal work, and the suffering was acute.

 

If you did stand up and speak out,

 

you could be dead within the hour, if not on the spot.

 

That’s why godly Obadiah worked behind the scenes to take two groups of fifty prophets

 

and hide them in caves, where he provided for them.

 

To venture out of those caves meant a very probable death.

 

To venture out and speak meant a certain death (See 1 Kings 18:1-14).

 

Again, this does not excuse the silence of the prophets, and not all were silent.

 

Elijah took his stand at the risk of his own life.

 

But at least it’s understandable why they were on the run.

 

To speak was to be killed.

 

Guaranteed.

 

This will certainly shut some mouths.

 

But today in America who is putting a gun to our heads or a knife to our throats? (I mean this literally.)

 

Who is threatening us with death if we speak?

 

And yet so many of us are silent.

 

So many have retreated.

 

So many have given way to a spirit of fear.

 

So many have made a bargain with the devil, basically saying,

 

“I won’t bother you if you don’t bother me.

 

I’ll stay in my nice, safe, popular lane,

 

and you stay away from my family.”

 

I’m talking about preachers.

 

About pastors.

 

About prophets.

 

I’m talking about local leaders and national leaders.

 

Thank God for those with holy backbone.

 

Thank God for those who are willing to pay the price to take a stand.

 

Thank God for those who speak the truth in love, who walk in courage, who don’t back down.

 

From the heart, I thank God for each of you, and I applaud you in the Lord.

 

Stay strong, my friends!

 

We need you on the front lines.

 

But all too many are in self-imposed spiritual exile.

 

All too many have made a calculated decision to stay out of the fray.

 

All too many have put outward success before inward obedience.

 

All too many have taken the path of least resistance.

 

This cannot continue!

 

… It’s time we arise and speak!

 

It’s time we overcome the fear of rejection, the fear of conflict, and the fear of loss…

 

… And to all my colleagues with national platforms:

 

America needs your voice now more than ever.

 

Take up the cross and follow Jesus afresh.

 

Don’t let ratings and reviews dictate your choices.

 

Get a fresh message from heaven, raise your voice, and speak.

 

The prophets must no longer be silenced!

 

… One lesson, which is particularly important for Christian leaders, is this: don’t avoid confrontation.

 

We often try so hard to be nice.

 

At all costs, we do not want to offend.

 

But sometimes confrontation is necessary, and there are scores of biblical examples for this.

 

Nathan the prophet confronted King David (2 Sam. 12).

 

Paul confronted Peter (Gal. 2).

 

… A second lesson is this: don’t be a slave of public opinion.

 

… But all too often, as Christian leaders,

 

we are more concerned with human opinion than divine opinion,

 

more wanting to please other people than to please the Lord.

 

And all too often, we tell people what they want to hear rather than what they need to hear.

 

This not only hurts the flock; it hurts us as well.

 

Let us take heed to these words of Dr. Martin Luther King,

 

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience

 

but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

 

Let me quote what Dietrich Bonhoeffer, who dared to speak up and, who refused to compromise his convictions for the sake of safety and self-preservation, wrote:

 

“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil.

 

God will not hold us guiltless.

 

Not to speak is to speak.

 

Not to act is to act.”

 

George Ong’s comments:

 

Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s words have indeed searched us to the depths of our being.

 

So, let us not be weary about speaking against and warning others

 

about this crafty man called Joseph Prince,

 

who hails from our own backyard in Singapore,

 

who is not only a serial liar, a serial double-talker, a serial hypocrite,

 

but worst of all, he is also an unrepentant heretic,

 

whose heresies are leading droves of people to the lake of fire.

 

Finally, let’s be courageous and do whatever God has called us to do at all costs.

 

Mine is to contend against the heresies of Joseph Prince (and I have paid a heavy price for this call)

 

despite the fierce opposition from Joseph Prince’s camp and sections of the Singapore Church,

 

yours may be something else.

 

But let me encourage you by quoting what Michael Brown in ‘2 Books in 1 Volume, Whatever Happened to the Power of God & It’s Time to Rock the Boat,’ wrote:

 

“Over 400 years ago,

 

William Tyndale had an impossible dream,

 

and for this, he was persecuted and killed.

 

He believed that the Scriptures should be made available in the language of the people.

 

That was the “dangerous” position he held!

 

He gave himself sacrificially to the difficult task

 

– having to flee his native England and hide out in Germany in order to continue translating

 

– and was martyred by the traditional bigots of his day.

 

He was strangled and burned at the stake!

 

Now, throughout the civilized world,

 

all of us have the Scriptures in our native tongue.

 

The Bible, in whole or in part, has been translated into more than 3,000 languages and dialects.

 

True believers everywhere thank God for this.

 

But when Tyndale – and John Wycliffe before him

 

– began to promote this work,

 

they were rejected, ridiculed and rebuked.

 

What an amazing fact.

 

Those who were reviled yesterday as heretics by the traditional religious establishment

 

are revered today as heroes!

 

We must take this lesson to heart.

 

Some of us need to break with the mold if the mold has fossilized and died.

 

We need to depart from tradition if tradition has departed from the truth.

 

Let God’s holy remnant arise in meekness and dependence on the Lord.

 

When George Whitefield and the Wesley brothers experienced new birth in the 1700s,

 

they came to an obvious conclusion:

 

They must declare this new life in the churches.

 

But most of the clergy were still dead in their sins;

 

they didn’t want such preaching in their midst.

 

So a preposterous proposal was born:

 

Whitefield decided to preach outdoors!

 

Even John Wesley was shocked. “It is a mad notion,” he said.

 

(Wesley admitted later that, “I should have thought the saving of souls almost a sin if it had not been done in a church.”)

 

But young George Whitefield prayed through, stepped out, and opened up his mouth – outdoors.

 

Soon tens of thousands were being saved.

 

Revival was aflame in the land!

 

And it was that very same John Wesley who years later could say,

 

“The world is my parish.”

 

What seemed so radical yesterday

 

appears so regular today!

 

Everyone is waiting for someone else to do something.

 

(That means someone is waiting for you!)

 

No one wants to be the first to step out.

 

We are afraid of what people will say.

 

We don’t want to rock the boat, even if the boat is sinking!

 

Could this be what’s holding us back?

 

We will never accomplish God’s will as long as our eyes are on people.

 

Peer pressure smothers and stifles.

 

Peer pressure lulls us to sleep.

 

Peer pressure kills and constricts.

 

Listen to Catherine Booth:

 

“I believe it will be found, in the great day of account,

 

that there have been more blessed enterprises

 

squashed,

 

more leadings of the Holy Ghost

 

disobeyed,

 

more urgings of the Spirit

 

quenched,

 

through the influence of what are called Christian friends

 

than all other influences put together.”

 

Let us be influenced by the Lord God instead!”

 

Rev George Ong

×
×

Basket